PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, I need advice...

ckelly
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
So I had purchased the sit in stroll in August from a company who will for now remain nameless. I took it out once when it arrived to "play" with it, thought it would suit my needs then boxed it up until I thought I would need it. I went to install it yesterday and as I was doing so I saw on the side of the box the manufacture date was Nov 06 2007. Help me here, is it standard for car seats to be that old and still pay full price? I called the company who told me that Tripleplay assured them that they were manufactured in 09 and that I should call the manufacturer. I did and they were like, "no, these were manufactured in 2007 but they are the latest model because we didn't make any last year." So I paid full price for something that has already lost 1/3 of it's value. I don't know if this is standard or not but it really doesn't sit well with me. Another thing, if this is true that these are the latest model, every company is selling these at full price and not disclosing that that people will only get 4 years of use out of them. Should I kick up a fuss or is this standard? I'm really not happy. Thanks for any advice you can give.

codex57
09-15-2009, 04:46 PM
I believe that it's the latest model. The sit and stroll isn't exactly high tech to begin with and most car seat manufacturers rarely, if ever, update their seats once produced.

However, I think you do have a legitimate gripe that they gave you a two year old car seat. It's not that long since you bought it. I'd demand a refund or at least an exchange. The primary reason is that car seats have expirations and you've already lost 2 yrs worth.

Joolsplus2
09-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Can you return it? Most of us are much, much more satisfied with a light seat and a light stroller, like the Combi Coccoro or Britax Roundabout or Cosco Scenera or Evenflo Titan, plopped into a Combi Flash (designed for a Coccoro) or a light stroller like a Maclaren.
The SnS is virtually impossible to install rearfacing in almost any car, and has very low top slots so it doesn't last long at all when forward facing...plus it's hard (I've heard) to change it from stroller to carseat mode, especially if you are under time constraints.

ckelly
09-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Can you return it? Most of us are much, much more satisfied with a light seat and a light stroller, like the Combi Coccoro or Britax Roundabout or Cosco Scenera or Evenflo Titan, plopped into a Combi Flash (designed for a Coccoro) or a light stroller like a Maclaren.
The SnS is virtually impossible to install rearfacing in almost any car, and has very low top slots so it doesn't last long at all when forward facing...plus it's hard (I've heard) to change it from stroller to carseat mode, especially if you are under time constraints.

Yeah, I found this board after I bought it and now I am stuck with it. I think it will be ok. Car seat tech showed me how to install in my car safely and it isn't too hard. I also don't find the converting difficult at all (but I am a strong hefty girl! lol). In hindsight I wish I had bought the Coccoro but too late now it will do for this trip I guess... on a more positive note...

I called the "stroller depot" after hyping myself to "have it out" with them. Turns out the CS rep was lovely and was just as appalled that the manufacturer was selling them two year old car seats. She asked me what I would like to do and I started to babble on about it losing 1/3 of it's use-life hoping that she would cut 1/3 off the price instead she said, "What if I take 1/2 off?" I was totally ataken back. No struggle, no arguing my case. So I ended up paying $125 for a $250 item. Can't argue there.

Thanks for the advice!

Joolsplus2
09-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Ah, good deal, that's about what that seat is actually worth, lol.
have a great trip!

AnnieW625
09-15-2009, 07:04 PM
We opted for a backpack style carrier for our Evenflo Triumph 5 with and it worked out great. http://www.pacback.com/

Great that you were able to get the seat for such a good deal!:)

codex57
09-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Hmm, well, if you only paid $125, it's hard to have much complaints anymore.