PDA

View Full Version : Are you a twin mom?

BeachBum
09-16-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm blown away by how many twin moms are on this board! Everyday I seem to see a post from someone that I didn't realize had twins.

I'd really like for us to make an effort to talk more. Perhaps we could have an monthly thread where we can all chat---like a little group within BBB? The multiples section is great--but it doesn't facilitate getting to know each other as much as I'd like.

Melaine
09-16-2009, 08:28 AM
I'd love it. You are right, I keep seeing twin mommies that I didn't know had twins....I can't remember who but someone has older twins. I'd love advice from some that have BTDT.

missliss55
09-16-2009, 04:47 PM
I would be interested. I love hearing from other twin mommies. :-)

fivi2
09-16-2009, 04:58 PM
I think part of the problem is that people often read the Lounge, but don't scroll down to this one. Either they don't know it exists or forget about it.

I'm always happy to chat though :)

My news for the day: the girls started preschool today! And, I was amazed when their teacher told me that they hardly played together at all. (identical girls who have never been apart). They didn't come greet me when I came to pick them up and both wanted to stay! So I guess they had fun!

la mama
09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
I would love to get to know other twin moms better! I'm all for it!

Melaine
09-17-2009, 09:14 AM
My news for the day: the girls started preschool today! And, I was amazed when their teacher told me that they hardly played together at all. (identical girls who have never been apart). They didn't come greet me when I came to pick them up and both wanted to stay! So I guess they had fun!

:bighand:That sounds like a great first day!!

mom2beofboy/girltwins
09-17-2009, 09:41 AM
I feel like having twins always presents unique challanges that friends with singletons haven't had to deal with and can't offer suggestions. I always search the posts here to see if someone has already asked and recieved advice about the issue I'm having. It would be nice to ask things I can't find answers to in a forum where everyone there may have BTDT. Kind of like a multiples group without having to make it to the meetings :)

NN317
09-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I think it is a great idea as well. I'm not up for joining the twin clubs here, but I would be happy to communicate with other twin parents this way.

twowhat?
09-17-2009, 09:50 PM
I think it is a great idea as well. I'm not up for joining the twin clubs here, but I would be happy to communicate with other twin parents this way.

Same here. The multiples club here is a good 30 min drive from me and they hold their meetings at 6pm, on a weeknight! It's impossible to get away then - during that time I am scrambling to get dinner ready, my husband comes home and he scrambles with entertaining the girls so I can get dinner finished, then we have to feed the dogs, then we all sit down and eat (it's NOT a peaceful meal with the fussing, food throwing, frantic dogs competing for food underneath high chairs, etc.), then we try to take a walk around the neighborhood, then we get to bathe them both (also not exactly a relaxing procedure), and get them ready for bed, and clean up....

My multiples club must be insane. Maybe they all have hired help or something.

Melaine
09-18-2009, 08:13 AM
My local multiples club meets around 6-7 on weekday nights too. I am also mystified as to how people work that out.....I've been to a couple meetings and I'm sure I'd enjoy going but truthfully until my kids are older I do not enjoy leaving them at that time of day....

caheinz
09-19-2009, 12:00 AM
My local club does weeknight evening meetings, too. As far as I can tell, the most active members are those with school-aged kids.... guess that time works better by then.

gatorsmom
09-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I think I twins chat group would be great. Our local twins chapter is far and in a neighborhood I"m completely unfamiliar with. Besides their meetings are at night and so difficult for me to get to.

I would love to meet more parents of twins with other siblings. Not only do the twins present unique issues AS twins but they present unique issues in the "family unit" and as they relate to their siblings. I know a few families IRL who have twins but stopped there. LOL. They can't understand our problems with dealing with the twins' relationship to their brothers. Sometimes I find I'm at a loss about this stuff. So, I"m secretly compiling a list in my head of siggies that have more than twins in it. LOL. MissLiss and Glbb35, it is nice to see you have older children about the age of my boys. Hope to see you here more often. And I was so excited to see Momof2Labs was pregnant with twins since she has older boys. As her twins get older I"m hoping she'll have some experiences to share. Anyone else, please come out of the woodwork!! :waving4:

missliss55
09-19-2009, 04:30 PM
sorry....moved to different post