lchang25000
09-16-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.bjs.com/about/news/content/item1,061.shtml?sc_cid=G468x60

calv
09-16-2009, 11:31 AM
now why doesn't Costco ever do anything like this? :(

doggiemom
09-16-2009, 01:58 PM
My husband did the 90 day trial about 2 months ago, does anyone know if I could now do the 60 day one. We found it BJs a bit of mixed lot in terms of saving money so thought it wise not to sign up and add a weekly trip in our routine. That said, if we could do it again for free for awhile we probably would.

dukie41181
09-16-2009, 03:19 PM
now why doesn't Costco ever do anything like this? :(

:yeahthat:

KimMae
09-16-2009, 05:20 PM
When Sam's does passes they add 10% to prices. Does anyone know if BJ's does this?

doggiemom
09-16-2009, 06:22 PM
The 90 pass we had was mailed to us and there were no surcharges or other hidden fees, We functioned just like regular BJ members.

HTH

wellyes
09-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Between deals like this, occasional discount memberships and accepting manufacturer's coupons I really feel that BJ's is the most bargain-hunter friendly of all the wholesale shops.

ang79
09-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I prefer the selection at BJs over Sam's (more store brands on things I buy like juice, cat food, etc.) and that they take manufacturers coupons that you can stack with the store coupons. We also really like their brand of diapers as much as Pampers and Luvs and they are way cheaper, even without coupons! The only thing I don't like is that its on the opposite end of town from where I usually run errands, so then I just do one huge trip and stock up on things every month of two.

I just got an offer from BJ's that if I sign up for their credit card they will reimburse my membership fee, so I get another year of membership for free. Not that I need another credit card, but I guess I can use it to shop just at BJ's and earn rewards for those purchases. Last year they offered me $10 off my membership price if I paid w/ a MC. And in year's past I have purchased during an incentive period where it was $35 for 15 mos. (they usually do this in June and Nov. at my store, not sure about others).

the2bobs
09-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Their brand of diapers are great and they have the best wipes. Usually they say in the fine print if there will be a surcharge added to your bill if you're not a member but this doesn't say that. My membership just expired and they didn't send me any incentive (discount) to renew. I'm waiting.