PDA

View Full Version : Clothes for a smallish doll?

sidmand
09-17-2009, 01:44 PM
DS has a doll I think I convinced him to give to DD (who LOVES anything she can carry around and cuddle). Said doll is missing its pants and I have no idea where they are so I thought I would buy a little outfit.

I ended up finding a sleeper (for a doll) in Target that says it's for 13 to 15" dolls. I finally found the tag on my doll...it's a Corolle doll and says it's 12". Is the sleeper going to be way too big? I haven't opened it yet and there's no way to try it without taking it off the cardboard.

I have no idea about dolls since DS wasn't so into them! My Target didn't have any smaller clothes but maybe I should just return this and try to find something smaller somewhere else? I just wanted baby to have something to wear. Although I don't think DD cares.

lizzywednesday
09-17-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm no help; my mom and my aunts made all my dolls' clothes, which ended up lasting way longer than any storebought clothes!

In fact, my very-special doll, Buttercup, on which my mother apparently spent a fortune, is still wearing the purple romper my mother sewed for her 30 years ago, whereas the outfit she arrived in has long since disintegrated!

As for your sleeper, it may be a bit baggy on a 12" doll, but since the range is 13" to 15", I think it'll be fine.

Melaine
09-17-2009, 07:22 PM
The Dollar Tree has clothing that fits Corolle Calin/Tidoo perfectly.

sidmand
09-17-2009, 08:23 PM
The Dollar Tree has clothing that fits Corolle Calin/Tidoo perfectly.

Thank you. I wouldn't have even thought of the Dollar Tree. I think I'm going to return this outfit. A friend told me that she bought preemie outfits on sale for her daughter's dolls too. I didn't think of that either (for a bigger doll though). But a real sleeper on sale is probably cheaper than a doll sleeper!

Melaine
09-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Thank you. I wouldn't have even thought of the Dollar Tree. I think I'm going to return this outfit. A friend told me that she bought preemie outfits on sale for her daughter's dolls too. I didn't think of that either (for a bigger doll though). But a real sleeper on sale is probably cheaper than a doll sleeper!

I have a pic of one of the outfits here, plus some more discussion about the clothing. http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=323938&highlight=dollar+tree
As many people here told me, my kiddos still seem most likely to carry their Calin dolls around naked than anything else.