PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for New Car Seat

EliMommy
09-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Our youngest (DS #2) is growing out of his Britax Companion. Our oldest (DS #1) turned 3 in July and has been using a Britax Roundabout since he outgrew the Companion. He is roughly 32 lbs. They both are tall for their ages.

I am overwelmed with all the options and new information since I last researched car seats. I think we are a Britax family and would like to stay with Britax unless someone has an overwhelming recommendation...?

I don't know where to start... Do we move DS #2 into the Roundabout and get DS #1 a seat that will take him past 40lbs or do we buy an additional Roundabout (or something else) for DS #2? I think part of my difficulty deciding is I feel bad for DS #2 always getting hand me downs. :(

Assuming getting a new seat for DS #1...what is most recommended for a ~32lb 3 year old?

SnuggleBuggles
09-17-2009, 03:56 PM
YOur Roundabout either has a 33 or 35lb rear facing limit and though rearfacing as long as possible is ideal safety wise, I would feel ok moving a 32lb 3yo to a Frontier. Baby can take over the Roundabout until it expires (6 years from date of manufacture) or he outgrows it. At that time I would probably either buy a Marathon or Frontier for him.

Beth

arivecchi
09-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Love our Blvd.