PDA

View Full Version : Will Radian 65 fit if Radian 80 does?

twowhat?
09-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Choosing a car seat is so ridiculously time-consuming! We've tried the Marathon and RA50, and I FINALLY found a store that carries the True Fit. But they only carry Radian 80s (and not 65's). Would the Radian 65 fit similarly enough in an '08 Odyssey? I hope after this weekend we will have (finally) decided on a convertible.

o_mom
09-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Yep - they are exactly the same size. I love my Radian for rear-facing in the Ody 2nd row... so easy to load. :)

twowhat?
09-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Yep - they are exactly the same size. I love my Radian for rear-facing in the Ody 2nd row... so easy to load. :)

Yeah, that's what makes me want to try it out. We already have to be careful loading snugrides to make sure we don't whack babies' heads on the top of the door frame (and actually hehe, we've whacked heads before...but it was fine since they were both wearing helmets for plagiocephaly lol) How is the recline? It seems like people complain that it is too reclined for their toddler to be happy.

twowhat?
09-17-2009, 09:40 PM
And GACK! Is the Radian's cover really not washable???

o_mom
09-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Yeah, that's what makes me want to try it out. We already have to be careful loading snugrides to make sure we don't whack babies' heads on the top of the door frame (and actually hehe, we've whacked heads before...but it was fine since they were both wearing helmets for plagiocephaly lol) How is the recline? It seems like people complain that it is too reclined for their toddler to be happy.

It is not too bad in my Ody (2002). There is enough slope on the seat that it isn't really at a 45 degree recline, more like between 35 and 40 deg. Ds3 is 2.5 yrs and does just fine in it.

I have washed mine many times - same as I do for Britax - on gentle and drip dry. Mine is the plain old tan one, not the SuperCool.

jjordan
09-17-2009, 11:06 PM

You might be thinking about the harnesses not being removable? In older Radians (manufactured previous to 9/08), the harnesses cannot be removed, which could cause a problem if you had a puke incident. It is my understanding that even the harnesses in newer Radians are removable (and can then be handwashed).