PDA

View Full Version : Graco My Ride65 v. RA50

EmMom
09-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Help! I'm torn over whether to purchase the My ride 65 or the RA50. I *think* the My Ride can be rearfacing up to 40 lbs, while the RA50 can only rearface to 35. I realize this could potentially be a negative, but my DD will probably outgrow height requirement for rear facing before 40lbs. Other than that I don't know much about them. Any advice?

jjordan
09-19-2009, 10:26 PM
If you have a long torso'd child, they do have the potential to outgrow the MR65 by length RF before they reach the 35# RF weight limit of the RA50. But there is really no way to know for sure which will end up lasting longer RF.

If it will fit in your car, then the Radian 65 is the best of both worlds, and can be had for around $150-$200. As long as the date of manufacture is no earlier than Sept 08, it can RF to 40# and actually lasts longer by height than the Britax convertibles. However it can be a bit of a squeeze in some small cars (front-to-back) because of its long shell and the difficulty in installing it more upright than the standard 45* recline angle.