PDA

View Full Version : Q about trading in Britax MA at BRU

caleymama
09-19-2009, 04:34 PM
The trade-in event at BRU ends tomorrow (9/20) and I am thinking about taking in our Britax MA that expires 11/09. Do I have to turn in the cover also, or can I remove it prior to turning the seat in? We do have another, newer MA and it would be nice to have a spare cover for it. I can just call them and ask but figured I would check here first. TIA :)

ETA: OMG, it's a good thing I double checked the date (after I uninstalled it from my parents' car :banghead:). Manufacture date is 09/20/04. So, I have another year! I was thinking it was done this fall and called my parents earlier to check the date on it since it was in their car at their house and my Mom gave me a manufacture date of 11/04. She never questioned me but I don't think she knows they have a 6-year lifespan. Wonder where she got her date and wonder where my simple arithmetic skills went?? :6:

Joolsplus2
09-20-2009, 09:15 AM
lol!

I've heard of people turning in naked seats, though the cashiers may grumble a bit, they take it, they have to :)

caleymama
09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks Julie - good to know.

I was clearly having one of "those" days yesterday and am so glad I double checked. It was only b/c I decided to look at the date on our Regent (which is a little newer) out of curiousity. When I saw that it was 2005, I said to myself okay, we have until x month in 2011. That's when the lightbulb went off - if 2005 gets me to 2011 then 2004 should get me to 2010. Duh!!