PDA

View Full Version : Graco Snugride 35

LoveBeingMrs
09-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Has anyone seen the Snugride 35, yet? I heard that it'd be available starting toward the end of this month. This is the response I got from Graco:

We are coming out with a new SnugRide 35 car seat. The car seat weighs about 9.75 pounds with out the base. It will hold a child up to 35 pounds and 32 inches. Yes, the new SnugRide 35 will fit with the same Graco products that the SnugRide 32 fits. The SnugRide 35 will come out in new colors. However, we do not have the pattern details yet. If you need further assistance, please contact us again.

What else are you waiting for? It'd be so much easier if all of these companies would just give us a solid date instead of the usual vague answer. My wait list:
-Uppababy Vista 2010
-Graco Snugride 35
-BabyBjorn Travel Crib in SILVER (introduced during ABC Expo 2009)

Joolsplus2
09-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Don't sweat it, when they DO give us a solid date, they are inevitably late, and it's just more disappointing. I can't wait to see their new fabrics, though! I'm not in love with most of their current ones. Though the Teutonias are a lot softer and prettier, IMO, I might go with one of those (you don't need the extra weight limit, 35 pounds is an average 3.5 year old, and most kids are too tall for these seats at 18 months old or so).

:)

LoveBeingMrs
09-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I was looking at Teutonia car seats as well.. their colors are more basic, which is what I'm looking for. I just wish Graco would get the hint.. I mean, isn't the Graco Snugride Platinum one of their bestselling infant car seats? I think the reason for that is because it's neural and very basic (no crazy colors/patterns)!

lorinick
09-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Don't sweat it, when they DO give us a solid date, they are inevitably late, and it's just more disappointing. I can't wait to see their new fabrics, though! I'm not in love with most of their current ones. Though the Teutonias are a lot softer and prettier, IMO, I might go with one of those (you don't need the extra weight limit, 35 pounds is an average 3.5 year old, and most kids are too tall for these seats at 18 months old or so).

:)

I'm with you Jules they really do have ugly patterns. Have you seen the new one BRU just got really really ugly.

Joolsplus2
09-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Hmmmm... hard to pinpoint the exact shade of ugly you are referring to, Lori, lol..which one do you think is worst?

AshleyAnn
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm dying to get the new SR35. I'm due in Nov and need a seat but I HATE all the available patterns. Rittenhouse is survivable but I'm not spending $60+ dollars over what every other identical seat costs.

I agree with Julie, Which one do you think its ugly? My BRU has had the same 2 seats for over a year, bombay (ugly brown and red) and Lemongrass (black tapestry fabric with green circles). I can't imagine buying bombay. Ick.

vonfirmath
09-21-2009, 03:59 PM
I didn't sweat the pattern on the infant car seat. It wasn't going to be used THAT long in the scheme of things. Many things more important than a pattern.

LoveBeingMrs
09-21-2009, 06:58 PM
I heard that some parents used their SnugRide 32 until their kids turned 2 years old. :applause:

AshleyAnn
09-21-2009, 07:27 PM
The SR32 tends to last at least the first year and while the pattern isn't that important once you have determined a certian seat meets all your needs it seems reasonable to me to want to pick one that is live able.

GraceH
09-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I heard that some parents used their SnugRide 32 until their kids turned 2 years old. :applause:

oooo, ooo -- that's almost me! (we're at 23 mo., and we have the 'Ionic' pattern SS1) :yay:

LoveBeingMrs
09-22-2009, 06:59 AM
I hope that'll be me, too! =P

Do you think it saves money or just delays having to buy another (convertible) car seat?

LoveBeingMrs
09-22-2009, 07:27 AM
I'm dying to get the new SR35. I'm due in Nov and need a seat but I HATE all the available patterns. Rittenhouse is survivable but I'm not spending $60+ dollars over what every other identical seat costs.

I agree with Julie, Which one do you think its ugly? My BRU has had the same 2 seats for over a year, bombay (ugly brown and red) and Lemongrass (black tapestry fabric with green circles). I can't imagine buying bombay. Ick.

I was looking at the Rittenhouse one, too! I heard that line was discontinued (http://www.weebabystuff.com/alicia/posts/32-graco-rittenhouse-line-get-it-while-it-s-hot). Also, why do they have a tan car seat base for a black and white pattern? Couldn't they have stuck with the color scheme and gone with the gray one?!

LoveBeingMrs
09-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Wow, I finally saw the new Snugride 35 patterns!!! I like the Flint collection! :yay: I'm not too sure about the new infant inserts, though...

Here's a link to the photos (http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=1002104).

Joolsplus2
09-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Oooh, prettttty...and soft! I think people may feel less compelled to use untested aftermarket products if their infant seat is actually cozy and supportive. I think those new pads will probably work better than the rainbow rolls (that you can see in the SR22) :)

LoveBeingMrs
09-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Oooh, prettttty...and soft! I think people may feel less compelled to use untested aftermarket products if their infant seat is actually cozy and supportive. I think those new pads will probably work better than the rainbow rolls (that you can see in the SR22) :)

The Flint one looks a lot like the Teutonia in gray!

I was hoping that they'd use the infant inserts that they were using for some of the Snugride 32 (http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&WRN=-1824251820&SKU=16258482&)s (similar to Chicco's inserts)

AnnieW625
09-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Wow, I finally saw the new Snugride 35 patterns!!! I like the Flint collection! :yay: I'm not too sure about the new infant inserts, though...

Here's a link to the photos (http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=1002104).

OOh that Flint pattern looks really nice, and cushy. I lam not sure what we are going to do when we have FK2, but Elisa's Marathon expires in March, 2012, and the Triumph 5 expires in Sept. 2012 so if we have a kid in the next year or so and if we got one of the higher weight infant seats Elisa would be able to stay in her Marathon until it expires (I doubt she'll out grow it before she turns 6, which is 3 wks. after the seat expires) and then FK2 will have a new seats for both our cars, and we could use the T5 as a travel seat as needed until it expires. It's all hear say but for us I could potentially see a big benefit to getting a higher weight limit infant seat.

GraceH
09-22-2009, 08:07 PM

Do you think it saves money or just delays having to buy another (convertible) car seat?

...well, we're being naughty and turning DS at 2yo :36: , so we got 2 Nautiluses on Target clearance for $84 apiece... so, for us it saved quite a bit of money. Even if you're RF longer, the delay in expiration dates could save a decent bit, especially if you have more than 1 DC.
I will definitely miss the infant seat though, having the option to take it inside through two Chicago winters was wonderful and the transfer between cars when I returned to work at 11mo was so easy, even without the base.

LoveBeingMrs
09-22-2009, 09:15 PM
...well, we're being naughty and turning DS at 2yo :36: , so we got 2 Nautiluses on Target clearance for $84 apiece... so, for us it saved quite a bit of money. Even if you're RF longer, the delay in expiration dates could save a decent bit, especially if you have more than 1 DC.
I will definitely miss the infant seat though, having the option to take it inside through two Chicago winters was wonderful and the transfer between cars when I returned to work at 11mo was so easy, even without the base.

Good points! Thanks!

AshleyAnn
09-22-2009, 10:39 PM
I was looking at the Rittenhouse one, too! I heard that line was discontinued (http://www.weebabystuff.com/alicia/posts/32-graco-rittenhouse-line-get-it-while-it-s-hot). Also, why do they have a tan car seat base for a black and white pattern? Couldn't they have stuck with the color scheme and gone with the gray one?!

OMG and my husband thinks I'm the only one with that complaint!

French Roast (? I think) is brown and is on a grey seat! WTF? Who designs this???

AshleyAnn
09-22-2009, 10:45 PM

It saves money is regards that the idea that you pay nearly the same price and use the seat twice as long compared to a snugride22. I've also notice that SS1 and SR32's sell for a much higher price used than the SR22 so if you're into reselling your stuff you can get a bigger portion of your costs back too.

LoveBeingMrs
09-23-2009, 08:32 AM
OMG and my husband thinks I'm the only one with that complaint!

French Roast (? I think) is brown and is on a grey seat! WTF? Who designs this???

Nope, definitely not the only one!! :waving4:

christiedavid3
09-24-2009, 03:47 PM
We were able to use our SS1 til 18 months, and DS is a big boy! :applause:

AshleyAnn
10-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Its available on pishposhbaby.com for preorder. Its $159 with free shipping. Its not scheduled to ship until Jan 2010.

The site says its closed until the 15th for upgrades.

LoveBeingMrs
10-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Its available on pishposhbaby.com for preorder. Its $159 with free shipping. Its not scheduled to ship until Jan 2010.

The site says its closed until the 15th for upgrades.

Thanks for the info! I think I'm going to wait and put it on my registry, since I'm not due until February. Otherwise, I'd totally preorder it. I decided to contact Graco about this, and they replied:

"Thank you for contacting us. The Flint pattern is a new pattern for 2010 and will not be released until the end of 2009."

LoveBeingMrs
10-02-2009, 08:12 AM
It seems like a lot of the baby companies are waiting until the new year to release their new models. I first read that the Snugride 35 would be phased in toward the end of September, but now it looks as if we're going to have to wait until December/January. The same thing with Uppababy- in previous years, they released their new models in October, but this year they're waiting until January. :sulkoff: