PDA

View Full Version : SUV for family of 5

watts928
09-21-2009, 12:37 PM
My husband and I are looking for a used SUV that will transport our whole family - him, me, a 9 year old (no longer in booster seat), and 9 month old twin boys (both in rear-facing convertible carseats). We are trying to avoid a mini-van at this time. We would like to put the twins in the middle row, one on each side, and the 9 year old can ride in the 3rd row. However, with the convertible carseats, we can't have the 2nd row fold down to be able to access the 3rd row. Any suggestions?

watts928
09-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm going to repost this in the car seat forum...

WatchingThemGrow
09-21-2009, 02:12 PM
We had a CRV (no 3rd row) for our family of 5. It lasted 2 weeks before we ended up getting a van. It is SOOOOO much more comfortable. How have you made it this long? With RFers and one FFer, people were messing with one another too much. The double sliding doors and power lift gate make life with 3 wonderful :)

twowhat?
09-21-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm gonna have to agree and say a van is totally the way to go. They were made to make car seats as easy as possible to install...and you just can't beat the convenience. I was also an anti-minivan person before having twins and I just have to say that getting the minivan was a TOTAL lifesaver. I could not imagine life without it now. The remote-open double sliding doors, the seat configurations in order to access the 3rd row, just everything!!

But if you really don't want to consider a minivan, I think the Honda Pilot is nice choice. The Highlander 3rd row is VERY cramped and I would only use it in a pinch. If you really want a permanent usable 3rd row, you're looking at a minivan or a large SUV.

hobie
09-26-2009, 04:50 PM
We have a Sequoia, but I'd love a van :)