PDA

View Full Version : Where to go after Marathon?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
09-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Don't have specifics but my almost 5 year old is very tall and will soon be reaching height limit of Marathon. Looking for safe 5 pt harness, do have Latch in my car. Hoping to not spend as much as Britax, thanks!

o_mom
09-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Graco Nautilus ($140+) and Britax Frontier ($229+) are the two main ones that harness significantly taller than a Marathon. Both become boosters later, the Nautilus can be good or bad as a booster, but you can hand it down and get a good booster later.

AnnieW625
09-22-2009, 12:16 PM
We have been very happy with our Britax Frontier, but I have heard really positive things about the Nautilus and Evenflo has a new seat called the Generations 65 coming out soon, http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=291&pfid=2974.

Joolsplus2
09-22-2009, 12:52 PM
The Generations 65 is out, it's the exact same seat as the 40 that's been out for 4+ years, but with a nifty harness release button in the front and a thicker harness. It's shorter than the Marathon, though, top harness slot closer to 16", MA's is closer to 17". (Frontier and Nautilus are about 18", just to compare).
:)

mom2binsd
09-22-2009, 07:10 PM
The Frontier will last a little longer and the Nautilus are harder to find under 170....I think I'd go with the Frontier if I had a choice but if you can find a Nautilus on sale and have decent width back seat as the seat has to be 100% on the vehicle seat...neither seat has terrific choices for fabrics but the Britax at least has brighter colors - the Nautilus are grey/gray/and more gray....pink and grey if you have a girl.

Frontier has the nicer latch connectors too.