PDA

View Full Version : Spare HB Booster question

nrp
09-22-2009, 01:26 PM
I will be driving my neighbor's child once a week to preschool and am looking for a HBB for her. She's four, and rides in a 5-pt as her main seat, but occasionally in her big sister's HB turbo booster. The school really is less than a half mile away, so I'm not really concerned about her not being in a 5-pt in my car for such a short trip (and, of course, the child's mom is satisfied with it). Anyway, I was thinking about just getting a HB Turbo booster, as its cheap and what she's used to. And, I figure it will get plenty of use in the coming years with DD's friends as she gets older and eventually her and DS as a spare seat.

So... question is, is a turbo booster my best bet? I have read Jools' warnings about screwing in the armrest, and I assume I'll be able to figure it out since I'm alert to it. I'd prefer to order one and found this one at albeebaby (I don't want pink because then DD would pitch a fit to ride in it - I want it as "dull" looking as possible!):

http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-safe-seat-step-3-turbo-booster-safeseat-g-galore-8e02glr.html

Any reason not to order this one?

Joolsplus2
09-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Only if you have an aversion to the letter G, but otherwise that one's great, and has gracopedic foam. It *may* be pretty old already, though...I would expect it to be at least a year, probably 2 already... it's a good price for a plush model, but walmart sells the bland plain models brand new for about the same price and you'd get a full 6 years to use it.
Just something to consider :)