PDA

View Full Version : Need interactive books for 12 month old...

traciann
09-23-2009, 01:50 AM
My first dd loved looking at books at this age. DD2 not so much. The books we have (and we have alot!) just don't grab her so I am looking for some more interactive books as that seems to work for her.

I did pick up these two books today and she loved them:
Peek a Who
http://www.amazon.com/Peek-Who-Nina-Laden/dp/0811826023/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253684704&sr=1-1

and Rock n Roll Colors
http://www.amazon.com/Colors-Salina-Yoon/dp/0545149746/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253684609&sr=8-2

I would appreciate any suggestions!
Thanks
Traci

Neatfreak
09-23-2009, 05:03 AM
Maybe the ones by Matthew Van Fleet? We like Dog and Cat, but Tails (http://www.amazon.com/Tails-Matthew-Van-Fleet/dp/0152167730/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253696520&sr=8-4) is our fave! There are textures, flaps, and some moving parts.

Neatfreak
09-23-2009, 05:03 AM
Also just remembered the "That's Not My ... " (insert: dinosaur/fairy/monster/monkey etc.) series by Fiona Watt - my eleven month old really likes hers b/c of the textures and the pages are very sturdy!

ett
09-23-2009, 09:00 AM
How about the flap books? The ones by Karen Katz, and Dear Zoo are good ones.

ohiomom1121
09-23-2009, 09:10 AM
My kids were the same way...DD loved all books, DS not so much when he was younger. I would get more of the Nina Laden books...my kiddos both loved them. Peek a Who and Ready Set Go were big favorites. I also agree about the Dog and Tails book-both huge hits around here.
Also there's a series of books called Funny Faces by Roger Priddy that DS LOVED at that age. Charlie Monkey was a favorite. We got a bunch of them at Costco that were pretty large editions. All of them make a sound at the end that he loved.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=funny+faces+books

brittone2
09-23-2009, 09:16 AM
2nding Tails and Karen Katz books. Usborne and DK have nice touch and feel board books.

The Hungry Catepillar?

newg
09-23-2009, 11:11 AM
DD loves Books for Brainy Babies by Begin Smart and Slide and Find books......both types are very interactive...........I've found them at TJ Maxx and Barnes and Noble.....

Also just bought a Usborn Book for DD.......That's not my Mermaid........and DD loves it!!

littlebethany
09-23-2009, 01:00 PM
2nding Tails and Karen Katz books. Usborne and DK have nice touch and feel board books.

The Hungry Catepillar?

The Hungry Catepillar is great, we all love it :) especially Brad

traciann
09-23-2009, 04:18 PM
I can't believe I forgot about Tails and Ready, Set Go! We had both of these and they were so worn I threw them away.

I will check into Dogs, The funny face series, the Begin Smart books, and the That's not my series, We actually have the That's not my dolly, but she really likes animals, so I bet that might catch her interest more.

I should try The hungry Catapillar. We have several Karen Katz but she doesnt seem too interested, the same with Dear Zoo. Its funny I have a ton of books and one would think I shouldn't have to buy more books, but I guess different child, different interests. Thats ok...I love books.

Thanks for the suggestions and I would love to hear more!
Traci

ett
09-23-2009, 04:44 PM
I can't believe I forgot about Tails and Ready, Set Go! We had both of these and they were so worn I threw them away.

I will check into Dogs, The funny face series, the Begin Smart books, and the That's not my series, We actually have the That's not my dolly, but she really likes animals, so I bet that might catch her interest more.

I should try The hungry Catapillar. We have several Karen Katz but she doesnt seem too interested, the same with Dear Zoo. Its funny I have a ton of books and one would think I shouldn't have to buy more books, but I guess different child, different interests. Thats ok...I love books.

Thanks for the suggestions and I would love to hear more!
Traci

Your DD is only 12 months so she may still be interested in them when she's a little older. For DS2, the touch and feel books definitely appealed to him first. I think he became interested in the lift the flap books a little later.

DrSally
09-23-2009, 08:46 PM
How about the flap books? The ones by Karen Katz, and Dear Zoo are good ones.

We have these and love them for that age. We also like the peek-a-who that you got.