PDA

View Full Version : Need halloween skunk costume ideas and suggestions!

kristenk
09-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I think that DD (5.5yo) is going to be a skunk for halloween. She's going to carry around a little squirt bottle that has something that smells good (instead of stinky) that she can spray.

I'm envisioning a black headband with ears attached. She can wear a black top and black bottoms for the main part of the costume, which would give us a bit of flexibility for weather (never know if it's going to be very warm or a little bit cool for Halloween).

I don't know what to do about the stripe and the tail. I don't know if she can wear her costume to school or not this year, but I want to make sure that it's comfortable for her just in case she can wear it to K.

Any cute ideas for the tail and stripe?

trentsmom
09-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I saw this skunk costume (http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10229) on FamilyFun last year and thought it was so cute!

citymama
09-23-2009, 02:31 PM
My DD's going to be a skunk too! I love the spray bottle idea. Actually, she wants to be a "skunk-fairy" i.e. a skunk with wings and a wand. Go figure.

fivi2
09-23-2009, 03:05 PM
My DD's going to be a skunk too! I love the spray bottle idea. Actually, she wants to be a "skunk-fairy" i.e. a skunk with wings and a wand. Go figure.

LOL My dd wants to be a Robot Fairy - a robot with wings and a wand.

OP - I would go to a craft store and just look around. I have seen "fur" that you could easily attach to a shirt - safety pins or velcro. The tail is a little harder... I would probably check a party store for help!

citymama
09-23-2009, 03:06 PM
LOL My dd wants to be a Robot Fairy - a robot with wings and a wand.

I think it's their way of being what they want to be and trying to be girly at the same time. Last year she was a mouse-princess, and a darn cute one at that. ;) Robot-fairy sounds adorable!

fivi2
09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I think it's their way of being what they want to be and trying to be girly at the same time. Last year she was a mouse-princess, and a darn cute one at that. ;) Robot-fairy sounds adorable!

yeah - this same dd was a kitty cat/bat last year. Bat costume with cat ears and tail. Sounds like our dds would get along :)

mouse princess is fantastic, btw! (as is skunk fairy)

niccig
09-23-2009, 03:13 PM
You can get white fur/trim to attach to clothes. A friend's DS loves skunks, so we had a skunk party. One mother put pink fur on her's DD's clothes as she was a girl skunk. Very cute.

kristenk
09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
What do you guys think about doing a tulle tutu/skirt that's mainly black, but with a section of white tulle in the back? (Could work for the skunk fairy, too! :wink2:) I could attach a white stripe to the back of a black shirt, too.

I'm trying to avoid thick furry materials b/c they're just too hot for my area that time of the year.

Still stumped on a tail, though. I'll look at the family fun link and see if I can modify.