PDA

View Full Version : Bought floor model Diplomat, have questions...

Bklyn Dad
09-24-2009, 12:07 AM
We just picked up a Britax Diplomat for our 13 month old dd. It is a perfectly clean and intact floor model but - though we wholly trust the local store that sold it - do have some questions.

1. The date of manufacture is Aug 2007. That is not an issue with this model, is it?

2. The instruction booklet (like all Britax of course) is attached, as is the Versa-Tether. That is all we got with the seat. Is there anything else that would have come with a boxed model?

We could still take it back (took this particular one because it was the color we wanted and small discount) so would love to hear the opinions of folks here.

BTW... thank you to all the participants on this site. All your posts and exchanges have been incredibly helpful in making our car seat decisions and keep our little lady safe. Thanks!

niccig
09-24-2009, 01:24 AM
[quote=Bklyn Dad;2483525]
1. The date of manufacture is Aug 2007. That is not an issue with this model, is it? [quote]

It's already lost 2 years of it's 6 year life span, so you've only got 4 years left on it. For that, I would have wanted a good discount...

KrisM
09-24-2009, 07:25 AM
[quote=Bklyn Dad;2483525]
1. The date of manufacture is Aug 2007. That is not an issue with this model, is it? [quote]

It's already lost 2 years of it's 6 year life span, so you've only got 4 years left on it. For that, I would have wanted a good discount...

:yeahthat:

I hope you saved a good amount of money for losing over 2 years of life on it. Your DD will be 5 when it expires. I don't know when most kids outgrow this model, but if you are planning on more kids soon, then you might consider a newer version for that reason alone.

Joolsplus2
09-24-2009, 08:01 AM
It's the same size as a Roundabout. It very likely won't get an average sized child to a full 35 pounds or age 2 rearfacing, and the top slots are really short so it will barely last till 3 or 4 forward facing (minimum of 5 harnessing is ideal for preventing head injury).
If you have a very tiny car and don't mind buying another seat later and you got a good deal on it, then it's not so bad. Call Britax if you need a Tether Connector Strap for rearfacing tethering (should be attached to the versa tether), and ask them if you still get a year's warranty on it even though the seat is so old. If you get no warranty, I'd probably return it. And get a Marathon or Roundabout 50 :)