PDA

View Full Version : House party invite legit??

3boys1girl
09-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Has anyone every heard of or done a house party... I got an invite from shutterfly to do this "House Party" to show off their books and was wondering if they are legit or just collecting personal data...

maybeebaby08
09-25-2009, 12:46 AM
My sister has done them, you sign up and fill out a survey and then they "pick" you if you qualify for their product. I think it's gotten really popular over the past year because my sister got a bunch in the beginning but it's really slowed down because more people are applying. I think it's worth it they do some really nice parties, and a lot of times they send you special offers. Last year I got an offer to go test drive a Saturn and they gave me $25 Target gift card.

hillview
09-25-2009, 09:11 AM
They seem legit -- I got an invite too.
/hillary

DietCokeLover
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
It's legit.

justlearning
09-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Has anyone every heard of or done a house party... I got an invite from shutterfly to do this "House Party" to show off their books and was wondering if they are legit or just collecting personal data...

I can't say if they're legit or not. But I got that same invite from Shutterfly and spent a lot of time completing the registration and "application" process with House Party. Then, at the end of it all, you have to agree to a waiver in order for your application to be submitted. That waiver says that they have all rights to pictures of you in connection with the House Party. It has a very broad kind of scary waiver that says we can use pictures, info about you, etc. forever and you can never claim rights to those.

So I refused to sign that waiver. I'm sure people sign it and it's never an issue, but I'm not someone who will sign something like that. I was upset, though, that I had to complete a 10-minute survey before being shown that waiver.

endlessheather
09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
I've done a few of them now and they are great :) The "party kit" usually includes a bunch of free items, coupons, samples and what not. I did a Fisher Price one last year and I ended up with a TON of the new toys for free and toys to give out to all my guests. Sometimes it's hard to get into them so if you are selected than congrats!

dukie41181
09-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I've never heard of the "House Party" thing. Can someone educate me a bit more.

Thanks!

deannanb
09-25-2009, 10:19 PM
I've never heard of the "House Party" thing. Can someone educate me a bit more.

Thanks!

http://houseparty.com/
different companies send out their products for people to have "house parties" - think pampered chef but your guests don't have to buy anything -

I got a Soy Joy party - in the hostess box was 6 boxes of soy Joy bars - 15 measuring spoons, a "green" book, yoga mat, yoga dvd, an apron and the surveys for my guests to fill out about the soy joy bars.

sewarsh
09-25-2009, 10:28 PM
do you really need people to come to your house for the "party"? i've never been to pampered chef party so i wasn't sure. i mean, i'd be intersted in this, but can't guarantee i'm going to have many guests since all my friends have kids...

deannanb
09-25-2009, 10:41 PM
you can make it a family party - party in the morning for moms and kids - give the moms the products for moms and let the kids play - if it is an adult type product.

some of the parties have been for oscar myer lunchables and Fisher Price toys and videos -