PDA

View Full Version : MEC Big Pod - anyone have one?

Neatfreak
09-25-2009, 09:49 AM
I am on the prowl for a sling-style bag to take in lieu of a legitimate diaper bag on our winter holiday in December. I really like my small pod sling from MEC, but it's not big enough for my camera as well as the requisite toddler supplies. But now, they make a bigger pod sling bag: http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444262 7630&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302699713&bmUID=1253886142125

Does anyone have one? I'm wondering if it's big enough to hold a dSLR camera as well as two diapers, a travel pack of wipes, a Snack Trap, and a sippy cup. The price is definitely appealing!

Neatfreak
09-27-2009, 10:29 PM
I guess not :)

I will be the guinea pig here and spend the $25 to check it out. I discovered the reviews on the MEC website, and they are pretty positive! A few mention it being used kind of like I'd use it, too ...

bubbaray
09-27-2009, 11:48 PM
I DO! Sorry, missed your post.

Mine still has the tags on it, but yeah, I have one. Its definitely big enough for what you want. You could add more and still have room, its pretty big. I saw quite a few at DL in April.

Neatfreak
09-28-2009, 12:53 AM
That's cool, Melissa! I am going to order later today, once I stop debating what colour to get ...

chinook
09-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Sorry - I just saw this post.

We have one of those. I'm not totally in love with it, mostly because I seem to have to clip up the chest strap to keep the bag from flapping all over the place. For whatever reason having to clip the strap across my chest makes me mental, it's not like I'm on a hike for pete's sake! Maybe it's just me, though, most purses want to slide off of my shoulder.

Let us know what you think of it!

Neatfreak
01-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Bumping with my review ...

I've been using the Big Pod as my main bag when I go out with DD2 for about 5-6 weeks now, and I am so glad that I have it!

I miss that it doesn't have a bottle holder like the small sling pod, but it fit everything I needed on our holiday in December, including a Beco. The chest clip doesn't bug me as much, chinook, but I find that I don't need to use it often unless I am wearing a bulky coat with it.