PDA

View Full Version : Free amazon prime 3 month trial

mjmamma
09-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Follow this SD link and sign up. There are detailed steps under the Wiki post. This will get you through Christmas, yea!!. I just did it and it worked great. If you have had a trial before, it may not work:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=319530&t=1464419

sewarsh
09-25-2009, 12:52 PM
do you actually ahve to purhcase the textbook?

mjmamma
09-25-2009, 12:58 PM
do you actually have to purchase the textbook?
No, just add it to your cart to get the prompt. The posted directions easily take you right through the process.

AshleyAnn
09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I used this last semester for free shipping on textbooks and it worked great!

sewarsh
09-25-2009, 04:03 PM
okay, so more question....does the free 2-day shipping apply to anything? or just textbooks? it said "eligible purchases" but not sure what eligbile purchases were - didn't give much detail in terms & conditions.

im ordering GPS unit today and owuld LOVE to get it in 2 days.

thanks!

mjmamma
09-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Eligible purchases will say "Free Two Day Shipping w/Amazon Prime" Or similar..the way it does w/ free super saver shipping. Look for the gps and you'll see it (hopefully!)

sewarsh
09-25-2009, 05:25 PM
oh yes! i just did it. this is AWESOME!! do you know you don't have to spend the $25 in order to qualify for 2-day shipping? its on every (qualifed) purchase. this is one of my favorite tips ever on my short-lived history on this board. Thanks so much MJMOOMA!

OneOfEachHowSweet
09-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Groovy ~ thanks for the tip! My free membership is good till 12/25!

monker
09-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Just signed up under my husband's account!!

Melaine
09-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Anyone qualify for a second time? I've had prime but I'd LOVE to have it again.

nrp
09-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Anyone qualify for a second time? I've had prime but I'd LOVE to have it again.

I did - I read through the SD thread and created a new account and then signed up that way. I then "invited" my regular account (that has all of my wish lists and account history) to join and so my normal account has prime, too. I am so psyched! I don't feel bad, either, given the vast amount of money I spend there, and this just encourages me to spend more :bag

Melaine
09-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I did - I read through the SD thread and created a new account and then signed up that way. I then "invited" my regular account (that has all of my wish lists and account history) to join and so my normal account has prime, too. I am so psyched! I don't feel bad, either, given the vast amount of money I spend there, and this just encourages me to spend more :bag

Ok, I did that too. But when I "invited" myself it only looks like I got 1 month...what about you?

nrp
09-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Ok, I did that too. But when I "invited" myself it only looks like I got 1 month...what about you?

Hmmm... it looks like it worked for the full three. When I log in under my regular account and go to "manage my prime membership" it lists the new account as the primary member and the full 3-month term. But maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Melaine
09-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Ummm looks like I only got 1 month on either account....I wonder why? So sad....

nrp
09-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Ummm looks like I only got 1 month on either account....I wonder why? So sad....

I saw several of the SDers reported that too. Maybe when it expires you can try again if it's still going. I :heartbeat: prime.

OneOfEachHowSweet
09-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Even better ~ I set up a new acct. to take advantage of this and just invited my "usual" self. Thanks again!

~ Shannon

kayte
09-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Okay.. I did this.. Thanks to the OP.

Now Can I click on the do not upgrade button now or will that cancel the whole thing???

Do I have to wait until December?

mjmamma
09-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Okay.. I did this.. Thanks to the OP.

Now Can I click on the do not upgrade button now or will that cancel the whole thing???

Do I have to wait until December?

Click it now, your trial will be fine and you won't have to remember to cancel in December. I think it was 'Do Not Auto Upgrade.'

kayte
09-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Click it now, your trial will be fine and you won't have to remember to cancel in December. I think it was 'Do Not Auto Upgrade.'

Fab! Thanks so much!

jgenie
09-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks OP - I'm set until Dec. 26th!!!

fattytuna
09-26-2009, 05:26 PM

Thank you so much, OP! And thanks, Nikki for your tip! It worked great for my "regular" account!

FYI - On SD others have mentioned that some only got a 1-month free trial. Then there was a post stating that the cliffs notes version of the book Catch-22 qualifies for the 3 month trial, which was that I used. You don't have to complete the purchase though. HTH.

firsttimemama
09-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Thank you so much, OP! And thanks, Nikki for your tip! It worked great for my "regular" account!

FYI - On SD others have mentioned that some only got a 1-month free trial. Then there was a post stating that the cliffs notes version of the book Catch-22 qualifies for the 3 month trial, which was that I used. You don't have to complete the purchase though. HTH.

TY OP!! and TY person above for mentioning the 3 mo trial book

NancyJ_redo
09-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks OP! I've seen references to Prime on SD in the past but never bothered with it because I figured it would be too much trouble to turn off in the future. But the fact that it will get me through Christmas and I can eliminate the auto-upgrade is enough for me. :cheerleader1:

Melaine
09-27-2009, 08:09 AM
So, what are we going to buy first with Prime??? Anyone seen anything awesome for like 80cents? :love-retry:

mjmamma
09-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Don't make me laugh!! I was just thinking..I wonder what I could buy, for under $25, off Amazon today!

kayte
09-27-2009, 09:03 AM
So, what are we going to buy first with Prime??? Anyone seen anything awesome for like 80cents? :love-retry:

I signed up yesterday and promptly bought a $6 book that has been on my wishlist for several months.

http://www.parentchildpress.com/more_info.php?id=93&search=&varcat=10&description=Childrens+Books

It has already shipped :)

inmypjs
09-27-2009, 09:04 AM
I opened a new account and got the 3 month free trial. Then I invited my regular account. When I activated that, I did not get the 3 month trial. Instead, in the Manage your Prime Account section of my regular account, it said my Prime account was cancelled. I am guessing it's because that account already had a Prime trial? (Even though it was like 5 years ago.) Did anyone else have this happen?

littlebethany
09-27-2009, 10:28 AM
hank you so much!! :22:

MaddiesMommy
09-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks OP! I used my old account that I haven't used in a long time and I got the three months. Yay!!

wellyes
09-27-2009, 01:03 PM
I've had Prime for almost a year now (got a year free opening an Amazon credit card) and I have to warn you, it is utterly addictive. I use it all the time & will probably pay for it next year. It can help save money if you buy a lot... for example, whenever Pedipeds go down to $15 I can buy a pair before the sale ends with free shipping (without having to buy anything else to quality for FS).

mjmamma
09-27-2009, 03:37 PM
I've had Prime for almost a year now (got a year free opening an Amazon credit card) and I have to warn you, it is utterly addictive. I use it all the time & will probably pay for it next year. It can help save money if you buy a lot... for example, whenever Pedipeds go down to $15 I can buy a pair before the sale ends with free shipping (without having to buy anything else to quality for FS).
Ohh, please post when Pedipeds go down to $15!

EXPECTINGMAY
09-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks:). I just joined & made my 1st purchase already:wink2:

onjbj
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM
This is fantastic!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

BargainMomforLuke
09-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Don't forget that you can share Prime with family members (i.e. split it 5 ways). My 4 "sisters" & I share Prime for $16 each/year.

nrp
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Don't forget that you can share Prime with family members (i.e. split it 5 ways). My 4 "sisters" & I share Prime for $16 each/year.

So you can split it with people not in the same household?

BargainMomforLuke
09-28-2009, 10:37 AM
So you can split it with people not in the same household?

Sure you can! I have 4 "sisters" who live around the country.

kellybelly0513
09-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Thank you OP! This will be great for Christmas shopping.

nrp
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM

That's awesome. I'm sure I can find four others to split with - and then it totally is worth the fee!

larig
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM

WOW! This is the coolest thing I've learned all day!! You rock! (pays to read the fine print, eh?)

sewarsh
09-28-2009, 02:58 PM
anyone want to be my "sister" come 12/25/2009?? Hahaha :)

essnce629
09-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Thanks for posting this! I signed up (had to create a second account first) and already placed my first order!

mjmamma
09-30-2009, 07:15 AM
Yes thanks for mentioning this. My sisters and I are going to do this for next year!

wolverine2
09-30-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm having difficulty. I've never tried Prime before, but when I add an eligible book, I don't have the "try Amazon Prime" shipping option. Any ideas? Do I need to create a new account?

mjmamma
09-30-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm having difficulty. I've never tried Prime before, but when I add an eligible book, I don't have the "try Amazon Prime" shipping option. Any ideas? Do I need to create a new account?
I think you need to create an account AND when you pick a book, you need to choose Two Day Prime as your shipping option and go from there (w/ the listed directions).

wolverine2
09-30-2009, 11:38 AM
I think you need to create an account AND when you pick a book, you need to choose Two Day Prime as your shipping option and go from there (w/ the listed directions).

Yes, I had to create a new account.. thanks- it worked!

katydid1971
09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
I signed up last night, thanks so much was able to order something for $16!!!!! :banana:
Will they automatically charge me the $80 when the trial is over or will I get an email about it or what?

mjmamma
09-30-2009, 01:08 PM
I signed up last night, thanks so much was able to order something for $16!!!!! :banana:
Will they automatically charge me the $80 when the trial is over or will I get an email about it or what?
Follow the instructions from the SD post and when you manage your account, select: DO NOT AUTO UPGRADE and it will NOT automatically renew your subscription. :)

hlt0903
09-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I signed up! Does anyone know if we cancelled the automatic upgrade, what we need to do once the trial ends?Thanks!

essnce629
10-02-2009, 06:05 AM
Wow, Amazon Prime is addicting! I just signed up 2 days ago and have already placed 4 separate orders!!!!

sewarsh
10-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Wow, Amazon Prime is addicting! I just signed up 2 days ago and have already placed 4 separate orders!!!!

i know...i'm up there too...at least 4 or 5 orders. ugh!

roobee
11-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Just wanted to let you ladies know that you need to cancel this or you'll be charged, my card was charged for this on 10/22/09. Luckily I hadn't purchased anything since then so I was able to cancel and get the $79 refunded.

urquie
11-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Just wanted to let you ladies know that you need to cancel this or you'll be charged, my card was charged for this on 10/22/09. Luckily I hadn't purchased anything since then so I was able to cancel and get the $79 refunded.

when you first signed up, did you changer your settings so that it would NOT automatically re-new? i did... and am hoping it will actually work.

roobee
11-23-2009, 02:19 AM
when you first signed up, did you changer your settings so that it would NOT automatically re-new? i did... and am hoping it will actually work.

Guess I must have forgot. I've been bad about checking my statements lately so I'm glad I caught the charge before I actually used the Prime I was charged for - otherwise I'd be stuck with the $79 Prime just for shipping a $16 dollar book or something crazy!

mjmamma
11-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Guess I must have forgot. I've been bad about checking my statements lately so I'm glad I caught the charge before I actually used the Prime I was charged for - otherwise I'd be stuck with the $79 Prime just for shipping a $16 dollar book or something crazy!
Did you set your account settings when you first subscribed so that it wouldn't automatically renew? I did and on principle, it better not, lol. But, I think I may get a subscription and share with my three sisters, I've really enjoyed having Prime.

sewarsh
11-23-2009, 09:54 AM
i'm totally addicted and would love to split an account with someone. i don't know what i'll do when it goes away! :(

Melaine
11-23-2009, 09:55 AM
I'm bummed I only got the one month trial. I really hoped to keep it right up to Christmas.