PDA

View Full Version : MA to Nautilus for Sienna? WWYD

lilye13
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi all,
The expiration date is coming close for my 2 Marathons (nov/dec) and now considering changing DD (2 1/2 years 33lbs 37 inches) seat to the Nautilus for use in our Sienna. See she is in the third row and always complains that the straps are two tight even when they aren't and I figured out it is the angle that the MA is in makes the crotch area buckle part sit very low. Not sure how else to describe it. Anyone have this problem?
We don't have this problem at all in DH's car (Acura) and I finally figured it out the other day when I was driving it with her.
So rather than get her another MA and have the same problem or move her up to a nautilus or something else. We have a Nautilus for DS 6 and I had her pop in there just for fit and it seemed fine but we have been Marathon users especially when she is still young so it's hard to just switch over to something else KWIM?
We also have a radian we used for DS1 before Nautilus but I find it would be harder for her to sleep in it and the way our schedule is unfolding that is something we really need for now, something comfy for sleeping!:> I will still get a new Marathon for DS2 almost 8 months but when the time comes when they go on sale, he's in a Safeseat now being renamed, so he is good in that for a while.
So should I just go ahead get a Nautilus even though she's young (she'll be 3 in Feb) or something else? Or does anyone know if that problem can be corrected with the straps I tend to think now but who knows....maybe this is a familiar problem to someone:>
Also we got a really good deal on our Nautilus way back when, any deals around now that I may have missed....not seeing much....
Thanks so much!
Elizabeth

AnnieW625
09-25-2009, 12:36 PM
I was this close to getting a Nautilus, but DH insisted on the Britax Frontier. We have been very happy with the Frontier, but I bet we would've been happy with the Nautilus too. We switched DD to the Frontier about three months before she turned 3, but she was the same size as your 2/1/2 year old so I wouldn't hesitate to switch her now, esp. if she fits better in the Nautilus in your van.

Also my DD went through a phase where she wasn't comfy in her Marathon at all, probably due to crotch strap too; not really sure. Now at 3/1/2 she's okay with it and will use it until it expires or she outgrows it, but if I have to buy another convertable seat in the future it won't even be on my list.

lilye13
09-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks! Now to hunt around for a deal. I am wondeing if the new Radian is better now and has less floppy heady symdrome. From what I could tell with the crotch strap the way it is positioned in the Sienna it is right against her pubic bone and we always tell her to scoot her but back but still it looks like it is positioned too low in that car. Totally not the case in the Acura! go figure.
Thanks again1

lorinick
09-28-2009, 12:05 AM
I would choose the the Frontier over the Nauti for the extra shoulder room and added head wings and crotch adjustments. I know the price tag is higher, but I think the seat is worth the extra money. If I were in the market for a booster for my car that would be my choice.

Neatfreak
09-28-2009, 12:51 AM
My DD went from a MA to a Nautilus, and she does not have a problem with it in terms of comfort. She does sleep in it, too - loves that there are headwings to rest her head against.