PDA

View Full Version : False eyelashes: pre-adhesive or use glue?

s7714
09-25-2009, 07:20 PM
I was thinking about using some false eye lashes with my Halloween makeup, but I've never tried them before. (About the only time I put on serious makeup is Halloween, LOL!)

I noticed some were already attached to like a adhesive strip while others require glue. Do the adhesive strip ones work, or do they fall off really easy, especially if you're wearing a lot of other eye makeup? Or should I just go with the little segments (vs. whole eye piece) and some glue?

TIA!

Fairy
09-25-2009, 08:29 PM
If you want good quality, I recommend going to MAC and buying them there, and they can put them on for you, too. I am terrible at it, and when i do shows that require them, it's a nightmare. The pre-adhesive stuff is not generally good enough to keep them on. sometimes you get lucky with a good pair, but I never have luck there. I recommend the glue. If you do do it yourself, you MUST put the glue on the lashes, wait a minute for it to get gummy, THEN put them on.

DO NOT PUT THE GLUE ON YOUR EYE. I've done that cuz that glue is gummy to begin with, and I didn't think it would run. And it didn't. But I did get too close to my lash line and a tiny bit went in my eye, and that's all it takes is a tiny bit, and then you're in sting city.

Go to MAC. Buy theirs. They'll do them for you. More expensive than Walgreens, sure. But for me it's worth it.