PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about breadmakers

MontrealMum
09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
DH has a friend visiting and I thought I'd make homemade pizza for dinner tomorrow. We have an Oster breadmaker and used to make pizza dough in there all the time. Unfortunately, the manual and recipe book do not seem to have survived our move - 6 years ago!!! I looked a bit for our specific manual online, but did not fine it. Can't remember if the manual and recipe book were the same booklet, or two separate ones.

Silly question, can I use any dough recipe I find online for our breadmaker, or does it need to be specific to Oster, or even to our model no.? TIA :)

bubbaray
09-25-2009, 10:48 PM
I think it has to be specific to your size of breadmaker, not the brand.

Andi98989
09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
I think it has to be specific to your size of breadmaker, not the brand.

:yeahthat: I found out that one of our local pizza places sells their dough for $1.50 for an 18" pizza. You just let it sit at room temp for 20 minutes, stretch it out and you're good to go.

MontrealMum
09-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks!

There is a place at the market that sells pizza dough, so that's my 2nd option. I just figured I'd use the darn breadmaker since we have it. Also I'd like to do a whole wheat crust. Another one of those registry wedding gifts that I look back at and think - why did we think we needed this?

pakin
09-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Yes. Pizza dough is very forgiving. I would go ahead and use the recipe that you found online. Here is my favorite:

http://breadworld.com/Recipe.aspx?id=28

When I first got a breadmachine for Christmas 12 years ago, I didn't think much of it. Now we are using our THIRD machine because the first two were worn out!!! In fact earlier today I made cheese pizza with basil-parmesan dough. Seems like I make it ALL the time.

HTHs.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
DD 6/2005

KrisM
09-25-2009, 11:45 PM
We make pizza every week in the bread machine. As long as you use the amount that works in your machine, you'll be fine.

MontrealMum
09-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks guys! I am all about using something if you have it (or getting rid of it) - so I'm excited to be able to get this thing running again...and I'm getting hungry now :)

MontrealMum
11-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Just wanted to come back and update: the pizza dough when DH's friend was a huge hit with everyone -inclluding my DS who exists on air, and crayons, at times :) I've made it several times since then, always whole wheat, and am going to make it again tomorrow. Don't know for sure that it's healthier as we love adding our own specialty toppings and cheeses, but it sure feels like it! Thanks to everyone :)