PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop City Chic

powersmom
09-26-2009, 09:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone has this bag. I just bought myself a backpack for traveling & now I want a fun new girlie bag. I really don't want to spend more then $100 and I would like lots of organization. I hate that I can't see it in person - so if anyone can tell me if they like/dislike anything about it I would appreciate it. Thanks!

sadie427
09-26-2009, 11:59 AM
I looked at that one and got the Skip Hop Studio tote instead, which I really, really like. I can't remember why I decided on the Studio exactly--I think the City Chic is heavier (because of the leather trim) and more expensive and there were some negative reviews on the web. I can definitely recommend the Studio tote--very good organization and fits a ton of stuff. I do like the bright colors on the city chic and wish they made that for the studio, I have the dark grey w/ black trim.

aajamu
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
The City Chic looks prettier than the Studio Tote, IMO. Nicer prints, girlier style (less grandma-bag like), detachable wrislet/clutch.

However, in terms of practicality and organization, the Studio Tote wins, hands down (nicer & longer changing pad too!). The ST has a pocket for everything, is roomy without being gigantic, is comfortable on the shoulders as long as it is not overpacked, and doesn't totally scream diaper bag (more like loudly whispers "diaper bag"). I owned one in black and really liked it, especially the organization -- a place for everything, but pockets are useful, not ridiculous.

If you can wait until late October, Skip Hop is releasing a patterned Studio Tote (black/gray dots). Much more interesting than the current boring solid line up. The brown and black solids look nice, but I found the pewter and slate to look a little on the cheapy side...just my opinion, though!

Joanie B
10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
I have seen studio in real life, its really beautiful. Not Grandma at all, just pretty classy. I would LOVE this Bag!

Joanie

vahnessuh
10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
I had the City Chic before. I liked it a lot... lots of room and pockets. I picked it over the Studio Tote because I didn't like the look of the latter (It does look a bit grandma-ish to me) and the former is bigger. I had to sell it because I wanted an even bigger bag =)