PDA

View Full Version : I'm almost afraid to say this out loud . . .

dcmom2b3
09-26-2009, 11:41 AM
but I think we've turned the corner on potty training here.

Just when I'd gotten okay with the idea of sending her to college in diapers (only kinda joking) it's like a lightbulb went off in her head -- tinkywink and poo go in the potty. Duh! She's going w/o nagging, prompting, reminders or bribes. She just goes, BY HERSELF, and then calls for me to show me the results, wiping and hand wash assistance.

It's like she grew up overnight. (sniff)

Sometimes I think that I got a better kid than I deserve. Luuuuv my Bunny. :heartbeat:

amandabea
09-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Yay!!!! fingers crossed for no turning back.

ha98ed14
09-26-2009, 11:50 AM
:cheerleader1::cheerleader1::cheerleader1:

I'm happy for you and your face which no longer must stare at and smell the poo while changing the diapers. Tell me, exactly how old is your Bunny so that I might be able to give my own face an ETD?

DietCokeLover
09-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Woo hoo! Congrats!!

Melaine
09-26-2009, 12:30 PM
I have been SO encouraged this week we have had major strides in PTing. But I am afraid to say it out loud too, so I won't yet.

But YAY for you and DD! What a relief!!!

dcmom2b3
09-26-2009, 01:05 PM
:cheerleader1::cheerleader1::cheerleader1:

I'm happy for you and your face which no longer must stare at and smell the poo while changing the diapers. Tell me, exactly how old is your Bunny so that I might be able to give my own face an ETD?

Da Bun will be 34 months Oct. 1. So she's almost three. But seriously, I can't say for sure what brought this on. She could as easily have been two, or twenty-two (years). Until recently, her attitude about using the toilet was sort of similar to my attitude about cooking: "I can, but I choose not to . . ."

This is the kid who as an infant and toddler would only ever "go" at home, or Nana's house, or Grantie's house (all extensions of home). So I thought that PT would be a breeze b/c obviously she could hold it. I was so very wrong (there's a tiny little Greek tragedy in there somewhere. Hubris, shortsightedness, what have you.)

I think that starting preschool and being in the company of children who were older (she was among the oldest at her prior care situation) and my giving this up to G_d (it's okay, even if I don't know where it will end up) all may well have made a difference.

Character panties (Elmo and Dora) didn't do it, bribes, stickers, sweets? Nada. Different potties didn't do it (though she does have a preference for padded seats). And let's not even talk about the $$ spent on Hanna training unders.

Honestly, maybe she's just a little like me, and is skeptical of doing anything that she senses that someone else wants her to do badly.

And if that's the case, I guess I can't complain!

dcmom2b3
09-26-2009, 01:08 PM
I have been SO encouraged this week we have had major strides in PTing. But I am afraid to say it out loud too, so I won't yet.

But YAY for you and DD! What a relief!!!

Holding breath, fingers crossed, for you and your girls. But that wasn't out loud either . . . .:kisscheek:

kijip
09-26-2009, 02:09 PM
QUICK KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!

:wink2::wink2:

Here's to it being here to stay...yay!
:cheerleader1::cheerleader1::yay::yay:

JTsMom
09-26-2009, 05:52 PM
:boogie:Congratulations!!!:boogie:

When they are ready, they are ready!

dcmom2b3
09-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Knocking. Knocking all things against anything that's even vaguely wood-like. For her sake, I hope that this is the end.

But a little part of me will miss caring for her in that way.

StantonHyde
09-26-2009, 11:43 PM
DH and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary this summer by.....

Throwing out the diaper genie!!! woohooo!!!

DD was 4. aaaaaaagh.

It is truly an awesome feeling to go the store and NOT buy diapers. And you will be wiping her bum for quite some time, so trust me, you will be involved. In fact, now I am looking forward to the "I can wipe myself" stage. She already has the handwashing thing down.

Congrats. It is an AWESOME milestone.

bubbaray
09-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Congratulations!