PDA

View Full Version : Could use some advice

Mommy Of A Little Angel
09-26-2009, 06:18 PM
DD2 is still having issues with her stool. I honestly don't know what to do at this point. She is still having green, mucousy stool pretty much all the time. I have cut out all dairy - check every label and don't eat out. The doctor isn't really sure what it is either. She is gaining weight and is not fussy or straining. We are in the process of doing stool samples to check for bacteria and such but the results aren't in yet. The ped said the next step would be to go to a pediatric GI. Has anyone ever dealt with this? I really have no idea why this is happening. Part of me wants to give up nursing and give her the hypoallergenic formula because I feel like it must be something I am eating that is doing this. Of course, I know that isn't necessarily the case and the formula might not help.

Any advice? I am just at a loss right now...

Swimfreak78
09-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Have you thought of consulting with a pedi allergist? They might have suggestions. I know that my pedi consulted one and we were able to get an appt relatively quickly.

Laurel
09-26-2009, 06:55 PM
if you are willing to go further with an elimination diet, try cutting soy...then eggs, wheat, nuts, shellfish, etc. Or you can do a total elimination of all of those foods and then add them back in.

I have been there, done that, and I know how hard it is to eliminate foods and take care of a little one. There are many moms here who have been through this, and you will have support here. If you have to go to hypoallergenic formula rather than eliminate more foods, you also have my support (and I'm sure the support of many moms here). A sane mom is a good mom.

ETA. We did see a ped GI. I highly recommend it along with seeing an allergist. I know this is sooo frustrating! :hug:

jren
09-26-2009, 11:27 PM
DS has a milk protein allergy - bloody mucousy stools. The doc didn't recommend soy b/c soy protein is very similar to milk protein. You could try cutting soy. It's hard, it's in a LOT. Corn was also a problem for DS at first, so maybe cut corn products?

It is a pain. He's accidently been given bread with milk (I read every label and nothing out at a restaurant, but my mom...). He ended up with a week of mucousy poop from 3 bites of bread before I realized what my mom had given him. Also had a problem when he got a tiny bit of soy, with the mucous again.

He's on Allimentum - I didn't bf. But we still deal with trying to feed him solids and now that he's older, it's harder! He's not going to be happy if he doesn't outgrow this. He gets so mad seeing us eat something we can't give him.