PDA

View Full Version : My morning at Brandsmart

JTsMom
09-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I really dislike this store. If you aren't familiar, it's a giant warehouse looking place that sells appliances, electronics, and a bunch of random stuff. They will of often wheel and deal, but it's a bit of a pit. It's also a loooong drive from our place, but since we need to buy a houseful of appliances and stuff, we needed to compare the prices there to the ones our very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly HH Gregg associate had given us. To make this errand more tolerable, I talked DH into taking DS out for a father-son fun day, and set off.

I barely make it through the door, and I find a lost little boy- couldn't have been more than just turned 2- desperately clutching his teddy bear, on the verge of tears. I tried to calm him down and get his name while searching for what I'm sure is a frantic family. No luck on either front. Found an associate, and he brought him over to an entire group of employees who helped, but I insisted on sticking with him b/c I felt responsible at that point, and I had promised I would help him find his parents.

Finally we found his older brother, then his mom, as they sauntered around the store browsing, who grabs him and starts slapping him! I seriously wanted to punch her! I told her that he had been nearby, crying, scared and looking for her the best he could.

Went upstairs. First dealt with a salesman who totally ditched me, then dealt with the sleeziest, lying salesman ever, who gave me a total hard sell.

Escaped. Went downstairs to get the electronics prices DH requested, had to practically beg to get help- b/c you know, what commissioned employee wants to sell thousands of dollars worth of electronics in this economy when there is TV to watch- finally get someone to do the least amount possible and give me a price, ask if he can do better if we buy W,X,Y and Z all together (which we've been doing with all of these purchases all along, including just upstairs with the appliances- and always been met with LOTS of enthusiasm) only to be asked, in the rudest tone possible if I'd be buying it today. I told him no, started to explain that when we would be buying it, only to be cut off with a "Well then I can't help you! Come back when you're ready to buy and I'll see what I can do." Yeah, start counting the minutes pal! That'll happen approximately when hell freezes over.

BabyMine
09-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Yep, that is normal behavior for Brandsmart stores. I have been to 2 Brandsmart and they all have been the same. I can't believe that mother who smacked her DS. That just infuriates me. I'm sorry about your experience.

Swimfreak78
09-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Ick. Glad that you came to the rescue of the little boy.

infomama
09-26-2009, 08:13 PM
That poor little boy...I hope there is someone watching over him.
Sorry the sales people were asses to you....I would write management a letter then never go back.

TonFirst
09-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Go to ApplianceMart, seriously. It can be hit or miss with selection, but you can't beat their prices (and they will negotiate). It is aesthetically a pit, for sure, but the salespeople are knowledgeable and very nice. I have bought several appliances there and have turned many friends on to them - many make the drive there from PTC. I did buy my piece of crap, house-flooding Electrolux there, but it's not their fault the Electrolux flooded my house - and to their credit, they tried to steer me towards the Bosch. I "saved" $100 by going with the Electrolux - except for the $1000 insurance deductible it cost me 3.5 years later...