PDA

View Full Version : Need booster for 3rd row seat for 7 yr old

spanannie
09-26-2009, 10:40 PM
DS, 7, is riding in the 3rd row seat in a Britax Frontier. It's getting pretty cramped for him, so I need to find a smaller seat. I'd still like to keep him in a high back booster, if possible. He's not a huge guy; between 48-49" and 48 lbs. I drive a Mercedes station wagon, so the 3rd row is not very spacious. Thanks!

o_mom
09-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Do you not want to use the Frontier as a booster? The Frontier is the tallest booster on the market right now so if he is not fitting in that as a booster, there aren't many smaller options. Or, is the harness just tight and you want something smaller overall?

The Recaro Vivo/Vivo Lite are nice and less bulky. They have been spotted at BigLots lately for about $65. Britax Parkway SG is nice as well and not too big. Sunshine Kids Monterey is bulky, but a nice seat. I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting here, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

spanannie
09-27-2009, 09:39 AM
The Frontier sticks out too much on the seat. He has plenty of room in the seat vertically. It's such a deep seat, I guess, and there is not much room between the 2nd and 3rd row that his legs are pressed right up against the 2nd row seat. So, I'm looking for something less deep.

o_mom
09-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Ok, the Vivo sounds like it would be good. It is not as deep in the seat.