PDA

View Full Version : I love twin moms.

kijip
09-26-2009, 11:12 PM
For having the best ever consignment sales! The Families of Multiples here has the *best* sales. The last time I went (3-4 months back?) I spent over $100 because I happened on some big things so they gave me a pass to come to the pre-sale hour the next sale and today when I went I found:

2 different complete sets of like new HABA blocks (which would have been $20 and about $40 new from the store)
2 like new Fisher Price pull phone toys (1 for my niece)
Pair of turtle Robeez
Mint condition Leap Frog baby activity table
Set of like new woolen food with rattles in them
Strasburg children's smocked dress outfit for F for Easter 2010
A couple of Hanna shirts of F
A couple Gymboree outfits for F
HABA push toy, again like new
Melissa and Doug Magnetic Calendar set for T
4 new puzzles for T
2 shirts for T
A Warm Belly Baby Wet Suit (which I was about to buy new at our swimming pool for $30)
A like new Jansport toddler mini backpack

And walked away with a wallet only $78 thinner.

I know moms of twins are great for oh so many reasons besides great consignment sales. But I must admit that the only consignment sales I have found the inclination to buy a lot from lately are the ones by the twins group. A good yard sale/consignment sale haul makes me wonder why I would ever shop for baby toys new, LOL.

KpbS
09-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Wow! Great finds! Lucky you :)

ett
09-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Awesome finds! I've also been picking up so much stuff for the kids at consignment stores and sales recently, that I shudder to think how much I spent on the new stuff I already have in our house.

Melaine
09-27-2009, 08:04 AM
This is so true. I tell all my friends to check out the local Mothers of Multiples sale because for whatever reason, it has significantly lower prices than the other consignment sales in the area. I really think part of it is that Mothers of Multiples want to pass the savings on to other MOMs (because it is tricky shopping used if you need doubles/matching for everything) I can find matching items for less than $1 there. I absolutely love that sale!!!

mjmamma
09-27-2009, 09:40 AM
I agree!
I have multiples and it is one of the only places that I can buy doubles of clothing, etc. I also love to consign because I have so much stuff..I just want it out!! I'm happy for your score! It's so nice to pay a fraction of retail when it's only going to be used for a short time and the kids don't mind if it's used!

hardysmom
09-27-2009, 10:34 AM
We had our club's sale this weekend. It wss amazing. I took over 300 items, many of which I should have sold on ebay, but I just had too much going on.

Several Kettler trikes. Plan Toys sets. Mountain Buggy Double strollers. racks and racks and racks of children's clothes. If anything, the biggest issue is that the sales are so big and so good that it is hard to narrow down what you want. Take a laundry basket to hold your finds!

Members get to shop the night before the sale, but it is amazing how much awesome stuff (particularly baby items) is still around the following morning.

Our sales are much better than the Just Between Friends sales, probably because they aren't as well known. It gets busy, but not crazy.

Almost all communities have a Twin Club and almost all twin clubs do 2 annual sales. Find your local club's website and you can find info on the sales.

Stephanie

WatchingThemGrow
09-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I am kicking myself for choosing a neighborhood of yard sales over the Mothers of Multiples sale in our area. The best deals I've gotten by FAR over the years have been from twin moms, whether it be in the organized sales or on CL. Even on CL or other smaller sales, twin moms just want the stuff gone and don't have the time to hold out for a higher price, especially if they have other children.

At one of our twin sales 1-2 mos ago, I scored roughly 10 pieces of Hannas and a Zutano outfit for $32! It was all size 70, which will be perfect for DS2.