PDA

View Full Version : Help - RN buckle somehow flipped upside down!!!

chicagojo
09-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Ok, I have no idea how this happened but the buckle part of one of the straps on my son's Radian XT has somehow flipped upside down (when the strap is in place, the little silver part that snaps into the other portion of the buckle is pointed up instead of down). I even took the seat out of the car to verify that the strap isn't twisted anywhere along its path, but everything else seems to be in order. The problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to flip the buckle back where it belongs - this is still a new-ish seat and the straps are pretty stiff - I've tried doubling the mesh part of the strap over itself and threading it through but no dice. I have to drive 2 hrs later today and am nervous about having him in the seat with the strap twisted (which it will need to be in order to secure the buckle the way it is now). Help!!!

KrisM
09-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Can you unthread it and rethread it the correct way? Unhook the harness strap from the clip in back, push it through to the front, go through the chest clip and then the buckle.

AshleyAnn
09-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Try folding it at a right angle (or less, whatever you can do with the stiff straps) and pulling it over the folded area. It takes some time and patience but that what I do when I come across car seat belts that have done this.

Joolsplus2
09-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I would just try that fold trick...just fold the edge of the strap a little, and run the buckle tongue up over the fold and then more fold will happen and after a few inches it turns itself right. Or, they can be removed if that doesn't work.

chicagojo
09-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I would just try that fold trick...just fold the edge of the strap a little, and run the buckle tongue up over the fold and then more fold will happen and after a few inches it turns itself right. Or, they can be removed if that doesn't work. Thanks! This worked, although it turned out to be a 2-person job (1 to hold the belt taut/folded and one to force the buckle over the belt) but I'm happy to report that all is well...

Joolsplus2
09-29-2009, 05:26 PM
just bumping this, it seems to be a common problem this week :p hope the fix helps everyone (though it's less usual to happen to a Britax or Radian, I spend a lot of time fixing the Evenflos and Gracos at BRU all the time...sigh...)

clc053103
09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I have this problem on my RN and Apex pretty regularly- the fold trick works the best and fastest!