PDA

View Full Version : Favorite design/home decorating sites or forums?

TwinFoxes
09-27-2009, 11:20 AM
So we finally bought a house, and are closing soon (knock on wood!) And thanks to the crazy prices in California (where we sold), we will have a much bigger house here. I need help with decorating ideas. I've gotten some good ideas on this board, but I need a lot more. What are the best sites? I need ideas on colors, layout, places to buy furniture because we'll need a lot more. I've checked out The Nest, which was just OK I thought. TIA!!

AJP
09-27-2009, 02:09 PM
www.thathomesite.com (AKA gardenweb) is a great message board with all kinds of ideas. They are great for layouts, paint colors, tile, kitchens, baths etc, but I think they lack in actual decorating sites/furniture stores etc. Definitely check them out and ask about stores in your area. Most of these people know their stuff!
Good luck and have FUN!

kayte
09-27-2009, 02:18 PM
I have gotten several ideas from Apartment Therapy.

NewMom2007
09-27-2009, 03:30 PM
I second Apartment Therapy (AT) - much is geared towards small spaces, but a lot can be used for any size. They also link to lots of really great sites and if you read it regularly, you'll find all sorts of blogs you'll want to follow. Their site geared towards design for the younger set is Ohdeedoh - very cute ideas for nurseries and rooms for kids.

Another fave, which I got from AT is younghouselove.com. Check out their portfolio for some great before/after pictures.

Congrats on the new house!

TwinFoxes
09-27-2009, 09:13 PM
These are all really helpful. Thanks!

Congrats on the new house!

Thanks! :)