PDA

View Full Version : New infant convertible recommendation?

yankinweimar
09-27-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm expecting another baby in early March and am thinking (of course!) about our next seat. I have an older Graco Snugride at home in the US which I have to check the expiration on. I'm assuming it's close to expiration since we bought it in November of 2005. It does have a front adjuster, thankfully! I'm happy with a Snugride 22 - we don't use the carrier feature for very long, we switched older DD to her RF Roundabout at about 7 month and will probably do the same with this baby, and I'm small and not that strong and can't imagine carrying a one year old in the car seat. Besides, DD was a smallish baby and I think this one will be too.

However, we drive a very small car- Toyota Yaris- here in Germany and it does have ISOFIX, so that helps. I have a few questions. Can we use the Snugride 22 (original, if it's not expired, or a new model) with the handle up (I know it buys a few more inches in terms of room in the back seat)? Can the seat touch the back of the seat in front of it? Will my old bases expire at the same time as the old car seat, or can I use them for occasional use when we're traveling back in the US? And lastly, where can I find the best deal on a Snugride 22 with a front adjuster?

Thanks very much,
Monica

AnnieW625
09-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Your Snugride won't expire until December 2011; the bases might have a different expiration date, but only if they were made in 2004 (2010 exp) or 2006 (2012 exp). We had our Snugride in our 01 Corolla with no problems, which is similar in size I believe to the Yaris sedan. I don't know what Isofix means. If you are going to use the seat for only 6 to 7 mos. and the current seat is perfectly fine then I wouldn't worry about replacing it. Yes you can use the SR with the handle up.

Joolsplus2
09-27-2009, 05:36 PM
ISOFIX is just the Euro term for LATCH (usually because they lack top tethers, the T in our LATCH acronym). And yes to the rest :thumbsup: