PDA

View Full Version : Polanski Arrested

katydid1971
09-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Its about time!!!
http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20090927/EU.Switzerland.Polanski/

wellyes
09-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Drugging and raping a teenager is disgusting, as is being a rich guy who flew out of the country to avoid prison. But I just can't work up outrage against Polanski. His life story is just too terrible.

Ceepa
09-27-2009, 03:42 PM
He's gross.

Fairy
09-27-2009, 03:54 PM
This whole story is far more complicated than what it appears at face value. I am not defending him. He slept with a minor. Period, end of story. But the WHOLE story? I saw it in a documentary on one of those stations I can't look away from, like History or whatever, and it's actually quite fascinating. It's not the simple rape a girl, go to jail, escape to France. The whole thing is nuts.

vludmilla
09-27-2009, 04:10 PM
I agree, he's gross.

Although his life story is miserable in lots of ways, he's also lived it up in many ways. He's been celebrated and admired by many. He's had opportunities most can only dream about having.

I think his actions were deplorable and no amount of miserable childhood experience excuses it.

AnnieW625
09-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Interesting, however I bet the charges will dropped. Even the accuser who is now 45 says that she would be happy if the whole thing just went away. I saw the same biography as Fairy did. I'd be happy if he was just made to register as a sex offender.