PDA

View Full Version : Need booster seat help

ctbarts
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I need a recommendation for an inexpensive and, more importantly, easy to use booster seat for my 4yr old DD. I am going back to work and she will be picked up from preschool 2x a week by a babysitter. I need something the babysitter can easily get in and out of her car and use correctly.
In my car (2006 oddessy) DD rides in a marathon and in DH's car she is in a nautilus so she is harnessed most of the time, I just do not trust our babysitter to correctly install a harnessed seat and think DD will be okay in HBB for these short trips.

I thought about the Graco TB, but am afraid with the armrests the seatbelt will not get routed correctly and do not really want to buy a new Britax PW due to $$. Any other less expensive east to use HBB out there?

DS who is almost 9 is in a Montery and DS who is six is in a PW (not the new one). I thought one alternative may be to get DS who is alomost 9 a backless booster (he would appreciate this ) and give DS who is 6 the Montery and then give DD the older PW for the babysitters car. If so, I guess I need recommendations for a backless booster for my big almost 9 year old.

Any advice is appreciated. I feel like the users on this board always have great recommendations!

o_mom
09-27-2009, 01:52 PM
If you have an older PW, that would be my first choice, even if it means buying a new booster for one of the other ones.

If your older DS1 still has plenty of room in the Monterey, I would consider just getting a second Monterey for DS2. A highback booster is the safEST choice for the 9 yo, but OTOH a backless would still be very safe at that age if you have side curtain airbags where he sits.

bubbaray
09-27-2009, 02:27 PM
I'd be OK with a 9yo in a LBB in an Ody -- your's has a full compliment of airbags.

I'd move the Monterey to your 6yo, give your babysitter the PW for the 4yo and get something funky like a LBB Clek for the 9yo.

HTH