PDA

View Full Version : Angelina Ballerina costume

KrisM
09-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Anyone know what I should do for this? I'm not very handy in making things, so I want to buy mouse ears, a tutu, a tail, etc. I have a pink leotard. Something inexpensive would be great.

newg
09-27-2009, 10:29 PM
you could probably go to Party City or something similar to buy most of it. I've actually seen some ballerina/princess accessories at Jo-Ann fabric too.

Tondi G
09-28-2009, 12:54 AM
you can easily make your own tutu. There are directions on this board in the crafts section I believe! You don't need to know how to sew at all... just a nice long ribbon for the waistband and some tulle. If you don't want to go with a full blown tutu you could buy a little pink ballet skirt from Target or a dance supply store.

I would put your DD in white tights... you should be able to buy a headband with ears and a tail (pin to her bottom on the leotard) from a party store/halloween costume shop. Paint her nose pink and draw some whiskers on her face... DONE! If your pink leotard is short sleeved you could have DD wear a long sleeved white shirt under it for trick or treating to keep her warmer!

http://www.anytimecostumes.com/ecommerce/control/product/~product_id=0035416WHT

http://www.anytimecostumes.com/ecommerce/control/product/~product_id=0035275WHT

alien_host
09-28-2009, 01:30 AM
I found a cute ballerina outfit at the Christmast Tree Shops for $2.99. It had the top/leotard with tie straps and an attached tutu that lights up (great for halloween night). Your DD could wear a long sleeve t under it and tights.

YMMV but I see there is a store in Michigan, not sure how close it is to you though.

ohiomom1121
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Definitely agree about making a tutu. I've made several and they're really easy. My DD wants to be a fairy princess so I bought wings and a leotard and I'm making a big fluffy tutu to go with it. I've also seen tons of cute ballerina outfits/costumes at Marshalls lately that would work. Another idea for a tutu would be a dance store. Just went to pick up shoes for DD and they had TONS of cute tutus that were $13. Very cute idea!!! DD loves Angelina too.

ohiomom1121
10-02-2009, 08:02 PM
I was at Marshalls earlier and they have an Angelina costume. The top is a furry grey mouse with a hood that has an attached tiera, and the bottom is a pink tutu. Very cute, and $20!

KrisM
10-02-2009, 08:41 PM
I was at Marshalls earlier and they have an Angelina costume. The top is a furry grey mouse with a hood that has an attached tiera, and the bottom is a pink tutu. Very cute, and $20!

I will check that out!

I've looked for tutus, but most are more skirt like and don't stick out like Angelina's. I'll see about making something, if I can't get something at Marshalls.

I did order the white ears and tails, as the stores had only grey.