PDA

View Full Version : What do your preschoolers wear for school pictures??

ohiomom1121
09-28-2009, 09:28 AM
My kids have their school pictures Tuesday. I am having a hard time deciding their outfits! I have no idea why I overthink these things..... :)

SnuggleBuggles
09-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Cute, solid colored or simple pattern (minimal pattern) play clothes. I have had ds wear polo shirts but also just cute playclothes (long sleeved tops in a color he looks good in paired with jeans or solid knit pants) and think for preschool the comfier they look the better. It just seems more natural for the setting.

Beth

wellyes
09-28-2009, 10:16 AM
I agree, simple outfits & solid colors.

Jen841
09-28-2009, 10:25 AM
I agree, simple outfits & solid colors.

For one just his uniform : ) Easy!

They never are very good, so I end up at Picture People.

doberbrat
09-28-2009, 11:22 AM
I do dress dd up for pics. not super dressy (ie, not Easter clothes) but nicer going to a party or church clothes. Last year she wore a dress from Gymbo that she'd worn for her bday party. the year before, she went in wearing a red velvet dress. dh drops her off right before picture time and the teachers will change her afterwards if needed.

randomkid
09-28-2009, 11:41 AM
DD's pictures were last week. She wore a cute brown jumper from Old Navy with a light pink top underneath. Like PPs said, keep it simple, solid colors and make sure the outfits have sleeves. I had DD's done one year in a cute red sleeveless dress and I didn't like the way it looked.

hellokitty
09-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Collared shirt. I think I will just have my boys wear a polo shirt for their pics this wk.

citymama
09-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I once had DD wear a brightly colored Baby Lulu pants and top set and it was a mistake. Too busy. The last time she wore her pink love to twirl dress and it was perfect. She was happy and comfy in it and it was solid colored. Go with something simple that your child is comfy in, and that generally flatters their features.

hillview
09-28-2009, 01:05 PM
agree with pp. Solid collared shirt. Turns out we don't own a collared shirt that fits DS #1 so he wore a t-shirt. Still looked cute!
/hillary

fauve01
09-28-2009, 02:08 PM
i have had dd wear the outfit that she loves the most--the one that she wears to death and puts on as *soon* as it's out of the dryer. when we look back at the pictures, we always talk about how DD loved that outfit and wore it ALL the time! i haven't worried too much about patterns because the background of the picture is always solid.

hth,
Anne + DD 10-03

ohiomom1121
09-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks for all the replies. We had outfits all picked out. DD is wearing a pink sweater and red skirt from Gymbo, DS is wearing a tiny check collared shirt....BUT he fell and hit his head on a step stool tonight and ended up in the ER. He's fine, but the big huge knot on his head won't cut it for pics. Retakes here we come!!!!

katydid1971
09-29-2009, 03:04 AM
i have had dd wear the outfit that she loves the most--the one that she wears to death and puts on as *soon* as it's out of the dryer. when we look back at the pictures, we always talk about how DD loved that outfit and wore it ALL the time! i haven't worried too much about patterns because the background of the picture is always solid.

hth,
Anne + DD 10-03
What a great idea.

KrisM
09-29-2009, 07:10 AM
My kids don't own much that is solid colors and DS doesn't ever wear collared shirts.

So, they wear what they like. Both years of preschool, DS1 wore a striped shirt. That is all he wore that year - any color, etc, just had to be stripes. DD wore a pink flowered shirt for mommy and me and I expect it to be a similar thing this year.

I, personally, like the kids to look like they did for pictures, even the posed ones. I don't buy anything special, I just let them go with what they like.

jerigirl
09-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Nicer play clothes. They still go to the playground and have snack, sometimes before pictures so I don't send him in "party clothes." Last year DS got bit on the arm by a classmate at MDO the morning of pictures. You can see the bite mark in his picture. :p

ohiomom1121
09-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Last year DS got bit on the arm by a classmate at MDO the morning of pictures. You can see the bite mark in his picture. :p
Oh no! I'm thinking if DS's pic comes out good with the huge bandaid on his head I'll keep it. Ah, memories. :ROTFLMAO: