PDA

View Full Version : Monday confessions

Ceepa
09-28-2009, 10:31 AM
-DC is a bit sick, kind of congested and energy is waaay down. I'm enjoying this calmer, quieter child.

-DH was out of town on business and the house stayed so much tidier so it was actually a nice break!

-I baked chocolate chip cookies last night, and already have eaten two this morning.

.................. add yours!

BabyMine
09-28-2009, 10:40 AM
- I need a break from being a parent.

- I love that DS1 is in school longer.

- I wish we could potty train DS1 without him getting backed up. He has a medical condition it isn't becasue he is withholding.

almostamom
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
After being on vacation for the last week and being with DH and DS 24 hours a day, I'm looking forward to a little alone time today while they are at work and school.

Linda

lchang25000
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
-I baked chocolate chip cookies last night, and already have eaten two this morning.

I would've eaten all of the them by now! That's why I rarely bake. :)

maestramommy
09-28-2009, 11:08 AM

:yeahthat:

Melaine
09-28-2009, 11:13 AM
It feels like it should be Thursday afternoon by now.

Day 1 of diet=I am mentally starving, just from the thought of all the food I won't be eating.

I put away some clothes this morning that were kind of still wet.

I am contemplating getting back on anxiety meds because of the side effect of weight loss.

MommyofAmaya
09-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Amaya has a stomach virus and we have been trapped in the house all weekend in our pajamas watching TV..... so glad we didn't enroll in Waldorf after all...

clc053103
09-28-2009, 11:25 AM
-I went to the dr today and I weigh 10 lbs more than I did last year at this time- and at that time Iw as a good 5 lbs over my weight watchers goal weight.

-I am going back to weight watchers this week.

-I too could really use a Mommy Break. But as a SAHM, feel too selfish to ask for the time and money to do so.

-my neighbor thinks we should all pool our money together to rent an apartment to hide in when our husbands and kids are on our last nerves. I am starting to think this is a better idea with each passing day.

daisyd
09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
DS has been dealing with a ear infection for the past 10 days spiking fevers of 103-105 and he had his first birthday last week.So, no we didnt get to do anything special.

DH and I've been sick with terrible common colds for the past week and being overworked at work and not sleeping is not helping.

I wished I didnt need to get out of bed this AM and just stay home with DS...

jgenie
09-28-2009, 03:13 PM
I would've eaten all of the them by now! That's why I rarely bake. :)

:yeahthat:

I guess I've been really slacking around the house lately. I left DH home with DS on Saturday and Sunday morning this weekend. DH must have gotten really tired of the mess - he cleaned the kitchen completely (the way I clean it w/ exception of wiping down counters), he cleared the accumulated clothes off the arm chair in our room, he cleared the clutter off the bathroom counters and picked up all the toys in the play room. I didn't feel guilty at all!! ;)

I went to the grocery store last night to get DS' milk and picked up a box of Fruit Loops - haven't bought those in years - must be baby making a request. I'm off to have a bowl now. :D

kijip
09-28-2009, 03:20 PM
F crawled for some Kashi cereal bits he had strewn on the floor during breakfast and I *almost* just let him have at them. Then I sighed and got him some fresh ones from the pantry and swept up the floor ones.

tnrnchick74
09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
I put DS down for a nap...WAY early on Sun so I could get the bread baked. He has discovered the likes to open the oven...and I can't find an oven lock that will work on the dilapidated oven my apartment has...

So he screamed for about 45 min. Then we fed the ducks & he was happy.

-I'm SERIOUSLY thinking of making chocolate chip cookies now that someone mentioned it! I'm off tomorrow. I'm fat, but I really need chocolate!

-I made a mistake on my schedule and was SUPPOSED to be off today for Yom Kippor, but ended up being "on-call" and getting called into work. Now I feel like a bad Jew (well "jew to be" as I'm in the middle of converting and this does NOT look good to my sponsoring Rabbi!). And I can't fast and work. I'm an RN. Hypoglycemia does NOT = making life/death decisions...

-DS is kind of "mellow" today according to daycare. I hope he's mellow tomorrow because I think we are oging to have another "Stay in our PJ's all day" sort of day.

-Since I have moved out on my own (Sept 4); I have gone through 4 bottles of wine. Enough said. ITs jsut me and my DS in the house.

mommylamb
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Much as I enjoy my MIL, she is staying with us for 2 weeks (we're less than 1 week in now) and, I'm ready to get my house back. Though, not as ready as DH, who is really going out of his mind. Fortunately for me, I WOH, but DH took the time off from work.

ThreeofUs
09-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I woke up this morning and just did not care. About anything. Getting myself moving and in the right frame of mind to parent took looooong, sllooowwww hours.

I guess I need a break, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

LarsMal
09-28-2009, 05:03 PM
- I have been feeling completely selfish lately. I keep having thoughts of weaning Baby C...just so I can have my body back, eat what I want/when I want (or don't want), work out w/o having to factor in her feeding/body cooling off, but MOSTLY so I can leave DH behind with all three kids for hours and hours and hours!

- I am in serious need of a Mommy break.

- I let my kids watch two extra shows this morning so I could sleep on the couch while the baby napped.

- I love that DS is in afternoon p/s this year because it makes my afternoons/evenings go by so much faster. And I really wish they had a class for DD1

- I got a prescription for the mini-pill at my annual last week and told DH I have no intention of filling it. It's time for him to man-up and get snipped.

ahhh...I feel better!

Fairy
09-28-2009, 05:16 PM
You only ate TWO cookies? I would have them finished at this point.

Anti anxiety meds make you lose weight. Seriously thinking about that.

I have not worked out in two weeks cuz I haven't had any time. For real. And I won't be able to at all this week cuz DS won't be in school due to pneumonia. Meanwhile I get heavier and uglier.

DS has pneumonia. I feel like it's my fault.

I am going to make cookies.

Poor DH doesn't get real food 5 out of 7 days cuz he's lives in hotels during the week. He has a rare extended time at home, now, and the thought of making real dinner is *not* appealing to me. Forcing myself.

The DVDs are completely strewn about in six different rooms cuz I cannot get my act together and keep track of them all.

I ate Gyros for lunch.

Related: I haven't fasted, no schul this year, no lox & bagels to break the fast would have pretended to have. Did I mention I am going to make cookies.

DS got six cheap, crappy Hot Wheels toys for his bday that are all so similar and I want to take them all back cuz a) he will not pay any mind to them after a week (a proven past fact), but he "wants them" here in the present moment. Feeling like I'm taking away his toys, tho I know he won't play with them once opened. It's free for him to have gotten these gifts, don't cost me a thing. But they will clutter up my livingroom for years if I don't take them back now, as he won't play with them, but won't let me get rid of them either. Thinking of sneaking them out.

Time for cookies.

lmwbasye
09-28-2009, 05:31 PM
- While I am proud of DH, I am NOT happy he made the Army 10 miler team since it means he will be gone this weekend and missing G's 2nd birthday. Thanks a lot, DH. You missed the 1st one b/c you were deployed and who knows if you'll be around for the next few.

- I am considering putting G in Kindercare for two mornings a week.

- I am wondering if I am cut out to be a SAHM.

- And all of these are really because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMine View Post

Laurel
09-28-2009, 06:38 PM
I spent $50 on clothes for myself at Old Navy this morning, because I got a great coupon on Old Navy Weekly this week. I have been shopping wayyyy too much lately and money is a little tight this month. I'm going to have take some of the money I spent out of the grocery money for the week, how horrible is that?

We are also on hour two of TV here.

Oh well. I really like my new clothes.

MichelleRC
09-28-2009, 07:08 PM
My dinner just consisted of a bowl of cheerios, a cheese stick and 2 oreos. DH is working late and the kids ate before me.

I give DS1 a liquid multivitamin hidden in caffeine free coke. He desperately needs a vitamin and he won't take it. Coke hides the taste and color of anything.

DS2 was up late last night (like til 9:45) because we were watching the Amazing Race.

I REALLY don't feel like playing Scrabble for Juniors right now.

That's all for now. I am sure there are many more.

StantonHyde
09-28-2009, 07:19 PM
OMG--thank you, thank you. It just feels good to know I am in the same boat.

AJP
09-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Ooohhhhh...I'll play.

My house is a disaster today (from the 2nd floor down to the car in my garage) but I'll leave it all for tomorrow when my mom will be here.

I have a bottle of rum that I WILL be using to make mojitos for myself tonight.

I made up errands to do this past Saturday since my MIL was coming over to see the girls. It was the only way I could get 3 hours to myself. I would have much rather had a quiet day at home, but it wasn't gonna happen with her there. I got some good deals at Gap & ON, and I also lied about what I did when she asked what errands I got done.

I had botox done 2 months ago and DH doesn't know. It totally removed my ugly frown lines on my forehead and made me feel sooo good. I will do it again, along with a few other things and I will not tell my DH till after I do it.

I drag my girls out 5 out of 7 mornings to hit the coffee drive through right after they're fed. I'd never make it to morning nap without my turbo iced coffee!

I have so many extra miles on my leased car that I'm afraid of what it will cost when I turn it in. This is because I hate staying home alone all week long and we go out somewhere once (sometimes twice) a day. Most times we don't NEED to go out, so its empty mileage. I am single handedly killing the planet in my SUV.

On the rare day we don't leave the house my girls will stay in their pj's all day. Sometimes I may not dress them till we're ready to go.

Ok, thats enough confessions for now...I'm starting to feel guilty!

WitMom
09-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Hmmm...Let's see.

I haven't had a decent workout in I-don't-know-how-long. All of my usual routines just aren't doing it for me, and when the alarm goes off in the morning, I just go back to sleep.

The huge bag of candy corn that I bought on Saturday is almost gone, and I'm the only one that eats it (probably because it's hidden from DDs).

The budget for this month is out the window for this month. DD1 needs 2 new car seats, we have a ton of birthday gifts to buy and I really need some new clothes for myself (See the first two statements above).

My husband is getting DDs ready for a bath while I'm hanging out on BBB.

graciebellesmomma
09-28-2009, 08:30 PM
- spent 250.00 since Friday on stuff for me. Old Navy, Gap, Target and Ross. I hate my body and my clothes and needed stuff for the Winter. I am actually down from a size 20 to a size 14-16, and I don't know if I'm more aware of my body now, or what, but....I bought some REALLY cute stuff and got amazing deals. I probably got about 800.00 worth of stuff.
With the Gap 40% off and the ON 50% off plus additional 20% after it's already clearance price. I actually spent another 133.00 at Ross this am and took almost all of it all back. I lost my mind for a few days. I did get a pair of NYDJ for 40.00 and they have a 138.00 price tag on them. I kept them. They fit like a glove....no muffin top, and cute back pockets. I confessed to dh and he was very kind about it...I felt so guilty. We need new tires on the car. I sold about 400.00 of stuff on ebay over the past week, so felt totally justified...lame-o. We need that 400.00 for other stuff.....

-my husband was gone for 3 days and when my daughter was at school today it was nice to have the house all to myself. dh works from home, so he's always around....i adore him, but it was a nice feeling for a few hours.

-final confession of the day...i had a tall peppermint mocha iced AND a pumpkin scone today...THEY WERE HEAVENLY!

.and haven't exercised in months. gained back 6 of the 50 pounds i've lost in the last 18 months. back on that treadmill....

DrSally
09-28-2009, 09:45 PM
-DC is a bit sick, kind of congested and energy is waaay down. I'm enjoying this calmer, quieter child.

-DH was out of town on business and the house stayed so much tidier so it was actually a nice break!

.................. add yours!

Only 2? I'm afraid the pan would be at least 1/2 gone in my case.

Corie
09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
*I was late to pick up my son at preschool. (My appt. with my
gastroenterologist ran extremely late!)

*And since I was late getting my son, this means we were a little
late in getting home, which means the school bus was parked in front
of my house. The bus driver will not leave the kids without a parent
being home.

I have never been late to pick up my son at preschool and I have never missed the school bus.
(It's a tight schedule though. My son gets picked up at 3:15pm and my daughter
gets off the bus at 3:30pm. We are usually racing home to beat the bus.)

I feel like crap.

Corie
09-28-2009, 10:12 PM
AND a pumpkin scone today...THEY WERE HEAVENLY!

Where can I get a pumpkin scone? That sounds delicious!

firsttimemama
09-28-2009, 10:36 PM
By 12:30 pm today, I had had 2 cups of coffee from my Keurig and nothing to eat. (I did feed DS)

If I bake cookies, I will totally be eating them for breakfast.

I too would like a break from parenting. Mostly, I would like 10 hours of sleep, in a nice big fluffy bed, with no one else in it.

graciebellesmomma
09-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Oh, Corie! You will hate me.

Starbucks has the most heavenly pumpkin scones for the holidays.
They are a yummy pumpkin flavor with some sort of icing on the top.
Insanely delish!

I usually get one every week or two and split it with my daughter.
I am sure they are full of fat and hugely caloric...and half is plenty, usually.
It was the first scone of the season and I was going to save half
for my girlie, but I inhaled it! Inhaled!

I thought I would die when we moved to Maui and they didn't have
them there!!!

Go get one and tell me what you think!

AshleyAnn
09-29-2009, 12:58 AM
- I know its much too early to have the baby but I want to. I don't even have that many pregnancy complaints that warrants wanting to I just don't want her in me anymore and I'm really looking forward to her being here.

- I don't want to breastfeed. Not even a little bit. I know its not going to work out because I don't have the heart to make it work and our failure will be my fault. I'm going to try it but I don't really want to.

- I loathe my job and even though I've been asked to come back after the baby I've made every excuse not to both to work and my friends/family. DH is currently unemployed so one of us has too but I can't do this job anymore. I would be job hunting if I weren't pregnant and I'll job hunt if DH doesn't find something once she's here.

- I eat bad. Very bad for a pregnant woman. I have acid reflux and most of what I eat gets vomited up anyway. But I eat mostly fast food french fries, diet coke (w/ caffine), and snicker's bars and I take my prenatal about once a week. Surprisingly, my pregnancy weight gain is super low (7lbs at 32 weeks) and my doctor is on me about it.

Oh and if I had chocolate chip cookies I would have eat every one of them by noon and told an DC who whined about them being gone they dreamed about the cookies but we can make some today and just made more. :Shame: