PDA

View Full Version : Where would you install these seats?

arivecchi
09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm planning ahead of time. :p Once we get the new Radian XT SL for DS1, should I move the baby in the Blvd to the center with a seatbelt install and install the Radian with the toddler OB with LATCH? Or will the Radian fit in the center best? We have a BMW X5 and I suspect the Radian will only fit in the center or with the passenger seat pushed wayyyyyyyy up front. TIA.

jjordan
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Both RF, right? I'd probably try the Radian in the center first for the reason you stated. If you can't get a good seatbelt install, then I'd put it outboard and deal with the passenger seat being pushed way up.

arivecchi
09-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes, both RFing. I just feel weird about having the 8 month old outboard and the toddler in the center but I suspect the Radian will fit much better in the center. Is it easy to get a tight fit with seatbelts for Radians? The Blvd is currently outboard as is the Frontier we are currently using for DS1.

jjordan
09-28-2009, 07:11 PM
The seatbelt install on radians is pretty easy if you have a short buckle stalk. If you don't, it can be difficult. I don't know about your car in particular though.

codex57
09-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Both RF, right? I'd probably try the Radian in the center first for the reason you stated. If you can't get a good seatbelt install, then I'd put it outboard and deal with the passenger seat being pushed way up.

That's what I'd do.

And yeah, it can be kind of weird, but if that's how it fits, that's how it fits. I have my toddler in the middle in one car, with the 2 week old infant outboard because that's how the seats fit. Reverse in our other car.

arivecchi
09-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks. Now I don't feel as weird about it. I think I will try the Radian out board, but am pretty sure it will end up in the center.

KrisM
09-28-2009, 10:03 PM
It's weird, but things work where they work. I have my oldest FF in the middle, middle child is FF outboard and the baby is RF outboard. It's the only way I can do it right now and have everyone fit. I'd rather have DD in the middle (FF), but it just doesn't work.

arivecchi
09-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for all the input. I will report back when I get the XT SL. I hope it ships soon!!!