PDA

View Full Version : Not How I Wanted To Start My Week

californiagirl
09-28-2009, 01:07 PM
I was supposed to start a new job this week. We weren't sure if all the paperwork was going to get through in time, and on Friday I tried to find out. At 9:00 today, my boss tells me I was supposed to be there at 8:30. I call him and point out that I would have been happy to, had somebody told me where to go and when to be there, and that I would even have tried to dig out this information, had anybody confirmed to me that I was actually employed at any point. He was not upset with me ("I promise if I'm going to hold you responsible for something I will give you at least one clue first") but the net result is that I don't know when I'm starting, but it MIGHT be Wednesday at 8:30 -- which is where I moved a Monday appointment to so I could start work today.

This just goes so well with the sinus headache and the horrible night in which DH and DD took turns waking me up. I suppose the good news is that after I sort out the appointment, I can take care of various other trivia it will be good to get out of the way and possibly have a nap. Except, not knowing that I was supposed to be at employee orientation, I had a large coffee in case I got to go to work today!

Pennylane
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Hope your week gets better and good luck at your new job!

Ann

jgenie
09-28-2009, 05:19 PM
At least they know you're flexible. :) Hope things get straightened out soon.