PDA

View Full Version : Frontier in VW Passat? Honda Odyssey?

PeonyJen
09-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi,
I need a booster seat like pronto.
The Britax Frontier was recommended to me on this board. I recently read (I think on Amazon reviews) that the Frontier will not fit in a Honda Odyssey.
Is this correct?

Also, does anyone know if it will fit into a 2004 VW Passat wagen?????????

Or, where can I find this information?

Thanks,
Jen

o_mom
09-28-2009, 03:10 PM
No idea on the Passat. I know it will fit in the Odyssey, though. This review was done in an Odyssey: http://carseatblog.com/?p=32

Momof3Labs
09-28-2009, 03:15 PM
no idea on the frontier, but the Britax Regent fits in our 2002 Passat wagon and also the captain's chairs of our 2003 Odyssey.

PeonyJen
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
OK, and do I want a Regent instead????????
I have no idea what the differences are, but I just read a mention in a blog about the Regent. My son just turned 6 years old. I have no idea which to be considering, but he is used to a harness, as he is currently riding in the Marathon.

o_mom
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
OK, and do I want a Regent instead????????
I have no idea what the differences are, but I just read a mention in a blog about the Regent. My son just turned 6 years old. I have no idea which to be considering, but he is used to a harness, as he is currently riding in the Marathon.

I wouldn't get a Regent unless you really need the extra height. If he is just growing out of the Marthon at 6, then he would most likely get 2-3 more years harnessed in the Frontier (making him 8-9 yrs old) and then it becomes a fabulous booster to use until he fits the seatbelt. If you said your 3 year old was outgrowing a Marathon, the Regent might be a consideration. :)

The Regent is taller, but it is discontinued, limited selection and Britax doesn't have a great repuatation for supporting their discontinued products. The Regent also has only a 6 year life, which will probably be down to 4-5 as they haven't been made in a year or so. The Frontier, OTOH has a 9 year lifespan.

PeonyJen
09-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Thank you.
That helps sort my thinking!
Whew!