PDA

View Full Version : Mommy & Me costume ideas

jennilynn
09-28-2009, 03:10 PM
We are wanting to come up with coordinating costumes for my DS's Halloween/birthday. I have a pumpkin costume as a backup, but the only mommy costumes I can think of to match would be a farmer or Cinderella? Does anyone else have cute Mommy & Me costume ideas for a 1 yo? I defintely don't want to spend a lot of money.

fivi2
09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Witch and Cat
Mummy and Cleopatra
Goldilocks and Bear
Dorothy and Toto (or other character)
Cruella DeVille and Dalmation

Do you want cute, scary, funny... ?

jennilynn
09-28-2009, 03:25 PM
We're going for cute but also comfortable, since he'll be wearing it during his birthday party. I don't want him sweating or unable to move.

misshollygolightly
09-28-2009, 06:23 PM
We're doing Peanuts characters. DH is Charlie Brown (w/ a yellow, zig-zag t-shirt), I'll be Lucy (with a blue dress, white stockings, black shoes, and a sign that says "the psychiatrist is in", and DS will be Snoopy (I'm sewing black puppy ears onto a white hat, and he'll wear his white pajamas with tail and black spot tacked onto the back). I'd think you could do two characters from just about any storybook/tv/movie/fairytale. Last year we dressed DS as Mario (jean overalls, red longsleeve shirt, red hat with an M on it, and a felt mustache glued to his paci) and I dressed as Princess Peach (DH was Luigi).

If you do want to use the pumpkin costume you already have, you could dress as a black cat or a bat or witch. Good luck--I'm sure it'll be cute, whatever you choose!

newg
09-28-2009, 08:53 PM
DD is 18 months this Halloween and I'm thinking of dressing her as a tennis player (have a super cute "tennis" dress from Grammy) or a ballerina (she has a tutu and top, just need to find tights and shoes.......for either one I was thinking of going as her coach and wearing a cumfy/cute warm-up......

Do you have a sports outfit you could put together for DS and you an DH could be coaches/trainers??

ilfaith
09-28-2009, 09:10 PM
The boys and I did Cruella and dalmatians a couple of years ago. It was really quite simple (and I'm no Martha Stewart). The boys wore white tights and long sleeved tee shirts that we dotted with black shoe polish, and the ears came from Pottery Barn Kids (I saw them on sale two days before Halloween which gave me the inspiration for the costumes). I happened to have a big blonde beehive wig from a Halloween costume several years back, and I just used black and white hairspray to give it the Cruella DeVille look.

Other ideas you might want to consider are...
Peter Pan and Wendy
Princess and dragon
Farmer and some type of farm animal (cow, pig, chicken)
Football player and cheerleader