PDA

View Full Version : Leapfrog Tag Jr

vonfirmath
09-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Has anyone purchased this for their 2-4 year old yet? How is it working out?

I really didn't like the Little Leaps thing at all.

alien_host
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
I heard that the regular Tag reader (pen) works on Tag Jr and Tag books but the Tag Jr does not work on the other books. You probably are better off with the regular Tag if you want it to go beyond 4 yrs. IIRC other folks on this board used TAG with their younger kids.

The only thing w/ the regular TAG that you have to watch out for is that the pen does have a blunt point, my DD was stabbing her first book and it did leave some dimple like marks. I'm not sure what the bottom of the jr is like.

emschwar
09-29-2009, 10:01 PM
We have a tag jr, and DS (just turned 2) loves it. He's got 3 or 4 books for it (including the free one!) and he has a good time with it. He doesn't really sit down and "read" the books with it, but he's learned where he has to put the thing on the page to get it to play music, so he does that and then dances :)

pastrygirl
09-30-2009, 09:37 AM
My 3-year-old loves his Tag Jr. I wish the books were more readable, but they are more like infant board books. No real story. The bottom of the Tag Jr is flat, so there's no way to poke anything. :)

KrisM
09-30-2009, 10:46 AM
DD is 3 and she uses the regular one that is DS's just fine.

brookemd
10-05-2009, 06:51 PM
As someone else said, I'd skip the tag jr and just go with the regular tag. It can hold both the tag and tag jr books and the tag jr books are also pretty basic. At least with a regular tag reader, it will grow with your child as they are ready to start onto the regular tag books!

HTH