PDA

View Full Version : Storage solution for small toys; ie Littlest Pet Shop, Polly

melissaflorida
09-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Our playroom is over run with small toys. We have My Little Pony both big and small, Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pockets with all those small accessories and misc other small things.

How do I store them so my daughter can find everything and it's out of the way? I have used just the plastic tubs but everything get's jumbled and she can't find anything without dumping all out on the floor.

Any suggestions??

Thanks so much,

Melissa

kayte
09-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Is there a door?

My sister has an over the door shoe holder with clear pockets... All of DN's pollys, barbie shoes and accessories, littlest petshop animals, little ponies and hair brushes are in the lower half all in separate pockets . The higher pockets are filled with art supplies.
It's like this one

http://www.amazon.com/Over-Door-Clear-Organizer-Storage/dp/B000IXOH7G

but I think she got it at Walmart . (Bed Bath and Beyond only had cloth ones at the time she was looking)

Thatchermom
09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
While DS doesn't have those specific toys, it seems that Polly Pockets stuff would store well like his Playmobil guys. We have a fishing tackle box that has a million little compartments to store all the food, tools, clothing bits, accessories and assorted detrious that is Playmobil. The larger pieces are in tubs, but all that can fit goes in the box. He decorated it with stickers and loves that he can find what he is looking for.

melissaflorida
09-28-2009, 07:40 PM
OOh, I think the tackle box will work perfectly and also the over the door one.

Thanks so much!!

KrystalS
09-28-2009, 08:29 PM
We have an Ikea Trofast storage shelf. It works great for DDs Pet Shop, Playmobil, and Little Pony. We have 3 larger bins on bottom and 3 small bins on top. She can pull out the bins easily see what stuff she wants and its easy to clean up too. We tried several other types of storage including the over the door shoe organizer, it just didn't work well for us.

Heres the shelf we have: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19861419

vonfirmath
09-29-2009, 09:18 AM
We used to use shoe boxes to store things like that. My Hot Wheels in one shoe box, Ginny clothes in another, Barbie clothes in another. Etc. And for the little tiny shoes we had these plastic circular things that screwed together to each other that we stored them in. So, in total, it was one long tube. But we could unscrew at any point along the length to get to the little tiny items within. And it was small enough to store in the shoe boxes as well.

kayte
09-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Saw this today and thought of this thread....

http://www.musesofmegret.com/2009/09/01/wfmw-organizing-barbie-and-her-many-accessories/

melissaflorida
09-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Kayte- funny you post that link since I just went to Target this morning and bought a lot of different size containers. I wanted clear ones so she could see what was in each bin. But they had basically every thing I could think of from small drawers to stacking to a Barbie bin. I hesitated buying the Barbie one but another Mom was there getting another one and swore by it. I have to say it is perfect for the Barbies although it was $20.00.

My daughter wants to help me organize when she gets home today and it's going to be a BIG job!!.

Thanks again!!

When done I will take a picture, lol.

~Melissa

sariana
10-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I saved the little plastic Gerber containers from when DD was an infant. DS now uses them for his tiny Legos. We also use the plastic tubs that lunch meat comes in to organize his little toys.