PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Sellers Feedback Question

jacksmomtobe
09-28-2009, 09:59 PM
I was wondering do you follow up with buyers who don't leave feedback? I was emailing the buyers to confirm receipt (even though I use del confirmation) and would make sure they were happy with their item hoping to lead them to leave feedback. Some buyers would say they got my item and loved it but then not leave feedback so now in the note I enclose with my shipments I have a line about how taking the time to leave positive feedback is always appreciated. I sold many things in Aug and numerous people have not left feedback...should I contact them to confirm receipt and happiness with their item or let it go?

vonfirmath
09-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I'd let it go. Not everyone leaves feedback, buyers or sellers.

jess_g
09-29-2009, 09:48 AM
I would just let it go. I have bought things on ebay and not left feedback. Sometimes I am not sure what to say in the feedback like the last time I bought something. The seller took 2 weeks to send me the item even though she had said in the listing ships in 2 days. And she never contacted me to say there was a problem shipping me the item. I just did not leave any feedback for her. Also I think some people just in general do not leave feedback.

Also I wanted to add that I usualy wait until I receive the item before leaving feedback as you can't realy say what a great seller they are until you receive the item and know they sent it to you. (Can you tell I have a lot of problems with sellers who take there time to get the item in the mail to me? This is why I don't use ebay very often). Just my thoughts.

Jessica.

TwinFoxes
09-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I say let it go. I'm an infrequent Ebay buyer. I always eventually get around to leaving feedback, usually when I log on months later to search for something else, but then other times I do it right after I receive an item. Having the buyer send me reminders wouldn't help, since Ebay already sends reminders. I know it must be frustrating to the seller, but honestly I'll get around to it when I get around to it.

KrisM
09-29-2009, 11:10 AM
I'd let it go. Feedback is voluntary and not required. You don't want to risk getting someone who is irritated at being asked for feedback and leave you a neg. just because of that.

Personally, I tend to leave feedback in bulk once a month or so.