PDA

View Full Version : Change of Plans...dining question...

amyff
09-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok...so a couple days ago I decided to take a girls trip with my 4 and 6 year old to WDW in mid october. I booked my tickets the day after the free dining deal expired. Now, my MIL and SIL want to join us and want to add the paid dining plan to our vacation package (not the quick service version as they like table dining).

So, my question is...would we even be able to use it or is everything booked up? I tried to check online but you have to buy it before trying it.

Also, if everything all the restaurants are booked and so many people are relishing in their free dining...would it make sense to just go to the restaurants that do not participate in free dining without reservations and easily get a table and eat well even if we don't have the "dining plan" discount?

This is more of a "we want to eat good food" over a "we want a good deal and want to scramble for last minute reservations" problem.

Also, she said that she would upgrade us to the resort of our choice...I am thinking the POLY...any ideas?

Momof3Labs
09-29-2009, 05:16 AM
would it make sense to just go to the restaurants that do not participate in free dining

all the disney restaurants participate - which restaurants are you thinking of?

you can call disney dining and see how availability looks; you don't need the dining plan to make dining reservations.

clc053103
09-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I was there two weeks ago and despite no ADR's being available, I was at many restaurants that had plenty of availability for walk ups (apparently the new ADR system has some glitches).

We walked up at Yak and Yeti for lunch with a 20 min wait. FLying Fish for dinner was 1/2 empty and the server said they've had this issue ever since the new ADR system started. Mama Melrose was also 1/2 empty, as was Tutto Italia. San Angel Inn in Mexico, Tokyo Dining and Marrakesh usually have availability in Epcot as well. The WAve in Contemporary is fantastic and is new so you might get in there more easily.

Where did you decide to stay? I'm glad to see you found some adult company for your girls' trip- it will make touring a lot easier on you!

You don't need to have the dining plan to see what tables are open on line. You can make ADR's just in your name.

amyff
09-29-2009, 10:01 AM
I tried to make ADR's last night and it would not work...I will try again this morning.
We are trying to decided where to stay...MIL said we could pick anywhere and she would pay the difference from our initial moderate...so anything goes!
Any ideas!

KrystalS
09-29-2009, 11:07 AM
You can check availability on the Disney website. They allow reservations to be made on the website now. Just go to the restaurant you want, pick a date, time and # in your party and it will tell you if its available at the time. If not it will give you other options. You don't have to make the reservation if the times available don't work for you. I think making the reservations online is much easier. I was told to make sure I write down the reservation #s and take to the restaurant, because they are having to problems with the system.

las710
09-29-2009, 11:14 AM
I agree -- making the reservations online is much easier than on the phone. Here's the link... http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/

Just figure out where you want to eat and then click on "Book a Reservation" under the image for each table-service restaurant. It will ask the desired date, time and # of people. As mentioned, be sure to write down your reservation numbers once you secure the reservations.

Good luck!

amyff
09-29-2009, 11:25 AM
The online reservation system will not load for me...what am I doing wrong?

las710
09-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Did you click on the link? It should bring up the restaurants -- the first will be Disney's All-Star Movies Resort which doesn't show a table service, but if you keep scrolling down, you should begin to see some that take reservations. The first that appears on my screen is The Rainforrest Cafe, then Yak and Yeti, etc. If you have a specific restaurant that you want to go to, say Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary, it will be easiest if you use the left side toolbar to narrow your search to the Contemporary Resort and get Chef Mickey's to come up. Once you find it, then click on the "Book a Reservation" bar under the image and the booking details should come up.

Give that a try... hope it works : )

amyff
09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Nope it will not even load

las710
09-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Hmmm... what is going on with that?

Try this one...http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

If it works, you'll have to find the restaurant you want and click on it. In the left toolbar you'll see the option to make a reservation.

amyff
09-29-2009, 12:01 PM
The links load but when you push make a reservation it will not load...hmmm

las710
09-29-2009, 12:25 PM
How annoying... maybe try a different computer? Sorry : (