PDA

View Full Version : For fun: how often to you wash your towels?

veronica
09-29-2009, 06:12 AM
I'm just curious since I have a friend who does it after every shower and another who washes towels once a week.

Here , I do towels twice a week. I always wonder what the "norm" is.

kozachka
09-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Whenever they are dirty. I am not very picky though so unless we've been to the pool a lot it comes out to be about once per week, at the most twice. As far as I am concerned as long as the towels don't smell badly or have major spots on them, they are not in need of a wash.

Some people are just particular. My friend's DH was used to having clean bedding daily since he was used to sleeping in hotels (he was travelling a lot before marriage) so she negotiated with him that he can have a clean pillow case daily but not sheets. I think both of them are a bit of germaphobes... or maybe I need to have less relaxed standards.

ilfaith
09-29-2009, 07:08 AM
We usually re-use bath towels for a few days. Pool towels get washed after every use since they tend to get dragged around outside. We have far too many towels and although I generally do a towel wash once a week, I could go much longer if they didn't take up so much space in the hamper.

KrisM
09-29-2009, 07:12 AM
I wash towels every-other week. But, I change them at least once a week.

Melaine
09-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Twice a week, but I tend to change the hand towels more often.

amandabea
09-29-2009, 07:45 AM
We (ok DH) wash towels 2x per week - Tuesdays and Saturdays. My DH is all about the routine.

JBaxter
09-29-2009, 08:22 AM
I said daily but what I meant was we use them once. I do the actual wash 2x a week ish.

jgenie
09-29-2009, 08:34 AM
I will use my towel two times then it goes in the hamper. I do the same thing w/ DS. DH will use his towel FOREVER!!! I usually grab his towel once a week when I wash towels so he gets a fresh one once a week. Hand towels are changed out every third day or so. I put a fresh one out if we're having someone come over.