PDA

View Full Version : Cute bangs?

Melaine
09-29-2009, 09:23 AM
I go through cycles where I cut myself bangs and then grow them out again. My hair grows pretty fast, I like the look of bangs growing out and it helps me not to cut my entire head of hair off which has proven to be a regrettable move for me. It's time for bangs again. I usually go with fairly long side-swept ones, but I've been thinking about shorter this time. I like to look at a picture and then experiment, so has anyone seen any bangs that look awesome lately? Or have new bangs that you love? I'd love any pics. Here is my general haircut, although it is grown out some now. Thanks!
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/MamaMelaine/NewHair.jpg

mommy111
09-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Try the hairstyle makover asisstant on people.com. I used that to try out different hairstyles. Dissuaded me from getting my hair cut, I looked so bad in all those cuts.....:tongue5:

Melaine
09-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Try the hairstyle makover asisstant on people.com. I used that to try out different hairstyles. Dissuaded me from getting my hair cut, I looked so bad in all those cuts.....:tongue5:

Oh cool I will look at that. Thanks

pinkmomagain
09-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Well is your hair naturally wavy? If so and you cut short bangs, they might be hard to control (ie. you'll probably have to blow them straight), whereas if they are longer, then the weight of your hair might pull out the wave. Kwim?

Melaine
09-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Well is your hair naturally wavy? If so and you cut short bangs, they might be hard to control (ie. you'll probably have to blow them straight), whereas if they are longer, then the weight of your hair might pull out the wave. Kwim?

Yes, it is. But it is "S" shaped so the curl doesn't actually appear until midlength, which makes no sense. But I usually use the Chi if I need to superstraighten.

Melaine
09-29-2009, 02:09 PM

Ahhh! This is really fun! (Although ITA it's definitely making me afraid to try a bunch of different styles, yikes!)

TonFirst
09-29-2009, 07:11 PM
I have bangs, and the rest of my hair has long layers - like, the longest layer is almost to my brastrap. My hair is thick and has a lot of body - its a 2b but I generally blow it out - and when I pulled it back into a ponytail this morning I had an epiphany and realized that, oh my god, I totally have the haircut that Hope had in thirtysomething. I am rocking the Hope.

All I need is a ratty college sweatshirt and my Halloween costume? Is DONE.

(Not really. Instead, I called my salon and made an appointment, posthaste. I love my bangs, but the rest of my hair is too thick to be as long as it is.)

Also - my wavy bangs are easy to keep under control with a flatiron.