PDA

View Full Version : Where do you shop for jeans?

jess_g
09-29-2009, 09:33 AM
My favorite jeans from old navy have a whole in the knee. I will probably end up getting some new ones there but I am wondering where all you moms shop for jeans. I am looking for some basic and comfortable jeans but not the teenage styles like the low rise ones or the skinny ones. Any ideas on where to shop?

Thanks,

Jessica.

C99
09-29-2009, 11:05 AM
For new styles, I shop at The Gap or Gap Outlet. I have a pair of skinny jeans from The Gap that I love, plus a pair of skinny jeans from Gap Outlet that fit me more like slim cut jeans. Nice when I don't want to be wearing a denim legging. Otherwise, I buy most of my other jeans from the thrift store - the ones I grab most often are from J. Crew or Lucky Brand, but I've also found older Gap styles and Sevens at the same store.

bluestar2
09-29-2009, 11:10 AM
I like my J Crew and Gap jeans, which I wear all the time

kozachka
09-29-2009, 11:54 AM
I literally live in my Lucky Jeans Classic Rider jeans. My previous pairs came from either an outlet or the company's website and were 50% off, which made them ~$50 plus tax, but I managed to get this last pair from Marshalls for $34.99 plus tax. Lucky Jeans are the most wearable and comfortable jeans I've ever owned. Much better than GAP, Calvin Klein, RL or designer jeans, at least for me.

Good luck with finding a pair that works for you, it took me years to figure this one out. There is a site that might help you narrow down your choices based on your body type and preferences - www.zafu.com (http://www.zafu.com)

almostmom
09-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm a gap jeans girl. Every favorite pair I have owned or do own are gap. I have 3 in my closet with holes in the knees that I just can't give up.

They're expensive, but worth it. And I have found 3 of my faves at consignment shops.

Also, I have a few pairs of Anne Klein jeans that I got from an outlet. They are much higher in the waist, which is great for work, or for sitting and playing with the kids. And they are stretchy and very comfortable. And they have a great straight line all the way down the leg which I find lengthening. They fill an important niche in my jeans world. Which is too big, but it's always hard to say no to the next great pair that I encounter! (And many of them have holes as I mentioned...)

pb&j
09-29-2009, 12:41 PM
I am currently sporting an old pair from Ann Taylor Loft - they are currently having a buy 1, get 1 1/2 off on jeans, and I was just thinking about heading down there to buy a couple pair.

I'm hot and cold on the Gap. The last pair I got there stretch horribly after wearing them for about 10 min.

lizzywednesday
09-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Wherever they fit.

For a while, it was Old Navy because I could always find "tall" sizes in-store. Then they changed their cuts and stopped carrying as wide a range of "tall" in-store, so I stopped shopping there.

Before I got pregnant, it was Lane Bryant because of all the weight I'd put on from being lazy and not exercising after work.

Now, jeans are a nice idea that I'll explore after I have the baby.

lchang25000
09-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Banana Republic or Bebe. I also like the Seven brand which you can get at Macy's or Nordstroms.

arivecchi
09-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I also like the Seven brand which you can get at Macy's or Nordstroms.:yeahthat:

new_mommy25
09-29-2009, 01:02 PM
My favorite jeans are from J Crewe. My second favorite are from Gap, but I got lucky with those. Most Gap jeans aren't a good fit on me.

JBaxter
09-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Walmart for the lee jeans and Ann Taylor ( outlet) for their curvy fit jeans.

citymama
09-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I buy Levi's online. I know exactly the style and size I need! I have a few Gap and Old Navy jeans but don't love them.

erosenst
09-29-2009, 01:33 PM
I am NOT a Wal-Mart shopper, so ignored this advice from several people before I finally checked it out. There is one style of Lee Riders jeans there that are bootleg, dark rinse, and have tummy control. They are a little low, but not THAT low - just low enough to somehow avoid a muffin top. They're also $16.99...and other than the pocket decoration, indistinguishable from some Kut from the Kloth jeans I recently bought for $79 at Nordstrom's. After the second compliment in less than a week, I went back and bought a second pair.

I did have to look a little while, as I found some that sound very similar but didn't fit anywhere near as well.

Laurel
09-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Nordstrom. I'd rather have one great pair of expensive jeans than 4 just-ok cheaper ones!

jgenie
09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Goodwill. I have been buying my jeans at Goodwill for the last 8 years or so. I tend to migrate to Ralph Lauren and Gap jeans. At an average of $5 a pair - I pick up a couple of pairs and then don't worry when I wear them.

I plan to splurge on a really nice pair at a retail store after the baby comes and I lose the baby weight.

SammyeGail
09-29-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm going totally off the norm by saying I absolutely love the new jeans I got from American Eagle.

I have a twin preg. tummy and its like their 'waistband' is not much bigger than their hips, which fits me very well. I got them when they had their BOGO 1/2 sale.

The model pics are a joke, they are no where near that tight or that low cut, I got my regular size, they are not snug at all and the 1% stretch lets me move around and have no binding feelings anywhere. I am a 12 and do not have a ton of 'curves'. Just adding my body type, etc to add as reference.

I bought boot cut and skinny, I personally chose the skinny, its like between a bootcut and skinny, the bootcut were a bit too 'flair' for me and were sent back.

Just my 2 cents, wish the sale were still on for anyone else interested! Sam

mommylamb
09-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I like Banana Republic jeans usually. The pair I wear most often is at least 5 years old. Love them still.

graciebellesmomma
09-29-2009, 10:51 PM
I have a pair of trouser jeans from Banana Republic that I LOVE.
A pair of Gap jeans, curvy of some sort and bootcut, love them,.
I found a pair of Rider jeans at a thrift store that I love...sort of boyfriend style jeans (never knew where they were from until now).

I just got a really cute pair at ON for 5.97....also boyfriend style.

And last, but not least! I found a pair of NYDJ (not your daughters jeans) at Ross yesterday. Nice dark denim, with a bootcut and total tummy control, as well as,
cute flap pockets. I got them for 29.99 and they had the original tag of 138.00.
I bought them to ebay them, got them home, tried them on and LOVE them to pieces.
Don't think I can part with them....

NO MORE JEANS FOR ME
(this is the first winter in 7 years that i am finally fitting into
14-16. i was up to a 20 two winters ago...18 last winter and now..
i went a little crazy with the jean shopping)

gatorsmom
09-29-2009, 11:11 PM
In April I went to Nordstrom and spent an hour trying on all kinds of jeans to find the fit I hated the least. I seriously had the sales girl running to several different departments trying on everything that could possibly make me look less fat. I found a pair I really liked and bought 2 of them. I had one pair hemmed long for wearing with heels the other hemmed short to wear with flats. I plan to wear them until I put holes in the knees. Btw, Nordstroms does free alterations and they do a great job. They are the only jeans I have and don't plan to buy more until I absolutely have to. Or until tapered jeans become popular again (which might not be too far away, from the magazines and catalogs I"ve seen).

mom2binsd
09-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I literally live in my Lucky Jeans Classic Rider jeans. My previous pairs came from either an outlet or the company's website and were 50% off, which made them ~$50 plus tax, but I managed to get this last pair from Marshalls for $34.99 plus tax. Lucky Jeans are the most wearable and comfortable jeans I've ever owned. Much better than GAP, Calvin Klein, RL or designer jeans, at least for me.

Good luck with finding a pair that works for you, it took me years to figure this one out. There is a site that might help you narrow down your choices based on your body type and preferences - www.zafu.com (http://www.zafu.com)

Go into Buckle...tell them what you're looking for and they will help you out. They carry many styles that more mature gals can wear (not just for the under 21year olds). I'm very short and a size 8/10 with a pretty good muffin top and found some great jeans. Most will run about 70-80 but they also do free tailoring.

elektra
09-30-2009, 01:58 AM
The last place I bought (non maternity) jeans was Atrium in NYC about 4 years ago. I got a pair of Joe's Jeans and also a Citizens of Humanity pair. It was the only place my brother would buy jeans (this was when he actually lived in L.A.). So I wanted to join in on the snobby fun and get some jeans there. The whole experience was enjoyable and they must have trainings on which kind of customers are going to drop the most cash in the store because they sent over a seriously hot guy (think Lenny Kravitz but taller) to do my jeans selection for me, and I ended up getting 2 pair at his recommendation. I kept the guy's card in my wallet for a few years because he wrote "Dani the Denim Doctor" on it which I thought was hilarious.
Next time I will probably do Nordstrom because they have a good selection there and although the store is still really nice, I don't get the snobby vibe there like I would at Neimans or something. I like to go big on jeans and like a PP mentioned, I would rather have only 1 or 2 nice pairs than a bunch of pairs I don't like as much.