PDA

View Full Version : Date Night at Disney -- Recommendations?

las710
09-29-2009, 11:22 AM
We will be heading to Orlando in mid-November with our two kids (2.5 yo and 11 months) and grandma. DH and I are planning on doing a date night one evening and I am looking for recommendations on which restaurant we should go to. We will be using our Disney dining plan, and can use 2 table services each (so we can go to the nicer restaurants).

Original plan was to go to Jiko, but we are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and it doesn't seem very date-like to just head downstairs to dinner -- plus I could see us just turning in after a day at the parks and good meal. Would we be better off going off-site? Was thinking of maybe going to Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian. We are foodies, so a yummy meal is most important. Thoughts on these and any other restaurants?

Oh... and I already checked Le Cellier and can't get a reservation, plus we are going to O'Hana's with the family the following night so we probably don't need that much meat.

Octobermommy
09-29-2009, 11:28 AM
We had a date night at Narcooses a few nights ago. It was delicious and great atmosphere. Try to get a reservation at 7:30ish so you can watch the fireworks and electric water parade.

clc053103
09-29-2009, 12:42 PM
How about Citrico's or California Grill? Both very date night- particularly Citricos as it tends to have less kids. of course, schedule around Wishes for viewing!!

IMO, you are not missing out at LeCellier- it's not very date night! Tables on top of each other, they are so overbooked that it takes forever to be seated and then they rush you in and out the door. Any of the "Signature" places you are considering are much better!

egoldber
09-29-2009, 01:01 PM
DH and I did date night at Bistro de Paris which is upstairs from the main sit down French restaurant in Epcot. Definitely a fine dining experience for WDW although not the best French I've ever had.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/dining/bistro-de-paris/

billysmommy
09-29-2009, 01:59 PM
If you really wanted to go all out you could head to Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian

clc053103
09-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Victoria and Alberts and Bistro de Paris do not take disney dining plan, so if you want to use meal credits, they are out.