PDA

View Full Version : Best dish towels?

ourbabygirl
09-29-2009, 04:12 PM
What are your favorite dish towels? Where did you buy them, and do you remember for how much? I'm in the market for some new ones and would love your recommendations! :p

Thanks!

citymama
09-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Bought some wonderful dish towels at the Crate and Barrel outlet which have are fantastic. $7.99 a 3-pack IIRC. Also have some (probably even cheaper) ones from IKEA - they're sturdy, but not as soft or attractive. And our Target ones fell apart very quickly.

Claki
09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
My favorite are the waffle-knits from the Williams-Sonoma outlet.

citymama
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
My favorite are the waffle-knits from the Williams-Sonoma outlet.

My MIL uses W/S dish towels and they are great! I always assumed they were ridiculously expensive.

lchang25000
09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
We received some dish towels from WS for our wedding, but we only use them to wipe our hands after washing in the kitchen. They're great and very absorbant. They're the ones with Willams-Sonoma printed down the towel.

new_mommy25
09-29-2009, 05:18 PM
My favorites are my William Sonoma towels.

jayali
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
HANDS DOWN Williams Sonoma! I buy them on sale - because I don't care if my dish towels match my kitchen - but I do care if they work. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

kcimato
09-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Another vote for WS towels. I bought some for my Mom and she's pretty picky and she loves them too. I bought some of the plain waffle white ones and use them for hand towels in the bathrooms.

Seitvonzu
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
william sonoma are our favorites here too... we got some for our wedding 6 years ago that we still use and i bought some on super sale last winter (post christmas, they were red & green plaid on white- not obnoxiously christmasy at all...but nice- i bought a set for my mom, a set for me and a set for my SIL i'm going to give them as gifts this year. an exception to "no christmas stuff on christmas" rules!) i also bought some orange/yellow/light green on white ones recently that weren't AS cheap, but on sale for maybe 13 dollars? (the christmas ones were 4 dollars or something.. which is an INSANE bargain for those towels) (the retail is 18 i think?) they go on sale alot, but never the color you want at the time you want. when i got the orange/yellow/green ones they had some that were cheaper (six dollars or 8 or something) but i really was feeling indulgent and wanted the sunniest ones :)

gatorsmom
09-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Haven't read the other replies but WILLIAMS SONOMA waffle towels. They are great.

ourbabygirl
09-29-2009, 07:48 PM
O.k., so of the various options available (I just checked their website), which would you choose?

All-purpose
Striped
Waffle weave
Flour sack

Thanks for humoring me :p!

*I've gotten some waffle weave towels before (from various places) that look nice but aren't absorbent. Probably not the case with WS, but I just want to make sure ;).

** After reading through posts again, it looks like any of the top 3?

nupe
09-29-2009, 07:53 PM
I like the WS waffle weave and Chefscatalog.com towels.

gatorsmom
09-29-2009, 08:03 PM
I just looked on their website to see which ones i have. I received mine as a gift a few years ago and they are still in great shape. Mine are Logo towels woven in Turkey but between the logos and outer stripes there is a bit of a waffle- weave/honey comb-like weave. I don't see anything like that on their website. But their new logo towels are also made in Turkey and look very similar.

lchang25000
09-29-2009, 09:38 PM
I just looked on their website to see which ones i have. I received mine as a gift a few years ago and they are still in great shape. Mine are Logo towels woven in Turkey but between the logos and outer stripes there is a bit of a waffle- weave/honey comb-like weave. I don't see anything like that on their website. But their new logo towels are also made in Turkey and look very similar.

:yeahthat:I have towels very similar to these:
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/l1626/index.cfm?pkey=cdish%2Dcloths%2Dtowels&cm%5Fsrc=hero

sste
09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Dark. Very Dark. Anything target and nicer is fine so long as it is dark! All my white towels look awful after a few weeks.