PDA

View Full Version : Can you really make money...

SM23Mama21
09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
...selling on ebay, craigslist & etsy?

I am still searching for a new job (since my boss has a problem giving me breaks to pump) and all of the job's I've come across would be a huge pay cut! So I'm thinking about branching out. Any BTDT advice?

KrisM
09-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes. I make money selling. It's not super easy work. There is a lot of work and a lot of fees on some sites (ebay). You have to do research for what items you can buy for what amount of money to pay enough to make it worth your time. I spend a lot of time on research because the markets for things change over time. But, I do pretty well selling and am happy with my profits.

frgsnlzrds
09-29-2009, 08:27 PM
This month I made +$300 selling DD's clothes on ebay. This is NOT typical for me, and I owe ebay at least $40 in selling fees, but it helps pay the bills. And it is not easy, quick work.

Melaine
09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Yes, but it is tricky and not easy money. I do think it can be a nice side income if you have the time and inclination. CL was great for me for a couple years. In the last 6 months or so it has really slowed down and I'm just about fed up with all the spam. I'm dragging my feet, but I think I need to go to Ebay at this point.

kransden
09-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Yes, I know several people that do. If you want income, you have to treat it like a job. Most people don't do that, they just fool around with it.

stillplayswithbarbies
09-30-2009, 01:12 PM
check your state laws

http://www.llli.org/Law/LawBills.html

in some states, your employer is legally required to provide you with a private place to pump and time to do so.