PDA

View Full Version : wii or PS2 game for toddler

MacMacMoo
09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
okay silly question. Our 13 month son loves watching us play video games. Clearly he has no hand and eye coordination since most of the time he plays with the controller he isn't looking at the screen. But is there a game that would be fun for us to watch him mash buttons, and eventually learn to play it properly?

Raidra
09-29-2009, 09:46 PM
He's not going to be able to play any Wii game for a while. When I went to buy my son a Wii game for his 4th birthday, the guys at the store told me up and down that a 4 year old is just too young for Wii. Whatever, I already knew he can handle the Lego games pretty well, but the point was valid.. it'll be a while before your son will really be playing.

Fiona (15 months) likes to play with our old Game Cube controllers while the boys play Wii. She thinks she's playing and wouldn't know the difference. Could you find an old controller of some sort for him to play with?

Jacksmommy2b
09-29-2009, 10:14 PM
J is 3 and has great coordination. He loves, loves, loves WII sports. Maybe your LO could attempt tennis - I bet that would be adorable.

SnuggleBuggles
09-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Ds2 (22m) thinks he is playing Wii Resort and Mario Kart.

Beth

MacMacMoo
09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
DH uses a game cube controller for the wii to play mario kart and smash brothers. You are right DS has had great success playing the wii using that.

jesseandgrace
09-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Neither one will work at all for that age, so I suggest you choose what you want instead. The Wii is great.

codex57
09-30-2009, 01:01 PM
There are youtube videos of 2 yr olds (and maybe just a bit younger) able to play the wii properly. You'd be surprised.

infocrazy
09-30-2009, 01:01 PM
We were at Bed Bath & Beyond and DH saw some Gum in a container that looks like Wii controllers. We emptied out the gum and glued them shut and now DS2 will play along. :-)

DS1 was wise to our game! He does okay on some of the Wii Fit stuff and Wii Sports but he's still working on it. DH and I aren't really gamers so he rarely plays. We tried the CARS one and I think it's hard!